In official JW think, is there anyone worse than an apostate?

by True North 25 Replies latest jw friends

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

In a witnesses eye any person who has knowledge but who does not act on that knowledge will be bird food in Armegeddon. Those who DA themselves though were looked upon badly, and those you were raised/studies and never made a dedication are also guilty of this.

By the way, how is it in armegeddon that everything will die except the birds. Will God create a new fleet of birds to eat dead bodies?

• Gopher
    Gopher

Do JW's think an apostate can make a comeback?

According to what I remember, it depends. If you were a "mis-leader" who drew away disciples, than there really is no hope (especially if you were anointed and partook of "holy spirit", then they say you really should know better!!).

However, I do remember in the 1980's that the Watchtower lessons had appeals to those who were MISLED or followed the apostates out. Perhaps they did so because of "weakness".

So if like Onacruse you can appeal to the elders that you really aren't hard-hearted in such "apostasy", a person could possibly convince (trick?) the elders into letting them back in.

Gopher of the "giggles when he hears the word APOSTATE class"

• Ginosko
    Ginosko

What is worse DA for saying not believe that they are the Channel of God or DF for apostasy?

I believe that maybe DA is worse. That's my case.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

A question for Blondie: You said:

Someone who "sins against the holy spirit" as described in Hebrews 10:26-31 is worse than an apostate.

To date the WTS has not identified that as apostasy.

Has the WTBTS ever identified what is the "sin against the holy spirit"?

• blondie
    blondie

B12, they have never identified a specific sin and the definition is conveniently vague.

w98

2/1 p. 16 Greater Blessings Through the New Covenant ***

However, if they choose a course of deliberate sin, they lose their righteous standing and the privilege of being participants in the new covenant.?Hebrews 2:2, 3; 6:4-8; 10:26-31.

w97

12/1 p. 11 Jehovah, a God "Ready to Forgive" ***

He will by no means forgive those who hard-heartedly practice malicious, willful sin with no repentance. (Hebrews 10:26-31)

w92 9/15 p. 9 Jehovah Forgives in a Large Way/Some Sins Unforgivable

Some sins are unforgivable. Jesus Christ said: "Every sort of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven." (Matthew 12:31) So, then, blasphemy against God?s holy spirit, or active force, will not be forgiven. The apostle Paul alluded to such sin when he wrote: "It is impossible as regards those who have once for all been enlightened, . . . but who have fallen away, to revive them again to repentance, because they impale the Son of God afresh for themselves and expose him to public shame."?Hebrews 6:4-6.

Only God knows if a person has committed the unforgivable sin. However, Paul shed light on this matter when he wrote: "If we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left, but there is a certain fearful expectation of judgment." (Hebrews 10:26, 27) A willful person acts deliberately, or is "obstinately and often perversely self-willed." (Webster?s New Collegiate Dictionary) Anyone willfully and obstinately continuing to practice sin after he knows the truth is not forgiven. Hence, it is not so much the sin itself as it is the heart condition, the degree of willfulness involved, that affects whether the sin is forgivable or not. On the other hand, what is likely the case when an erring Christian is deeply disturbed about his wrongdoing? His great concern probably indicates that he has not, in fact, committed an unforgivable sin.
  • Flash
    Flash
    w92 9/15 p. 9 Jehovah Forgives in a Large Way/Some Sins Unforgivable

Anyone willfully and obstinately continuing to practice sin after he knows the truth is not forgiven.

And yet, we have the example of King Manasseh in 2Chron. 33:12, 13

I'm strongly inclined to believe the sin against the Holy Spirit is, at this time, unique to the Annointed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit