H2O update

by TheHighPriest 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

Rick,

I realize you can be very verbose, obviously. But let's cut to the chase. You said I was "out to lunch". You insulted me Rick, without having my original post there for others to judge for themselves. When it comes down to the point of it all, THAT'S DIRTY POOL. I didn't come over to your forum specifically to cause trouble or insult you. I was posting to something YOU posted on a PUBLIC MESSAGE BOARD. Whether removed by choice or by accident, the result is the same. You shouldn't have answered publicly what was no longer posted publicly. I highly question your judgement, Rick.

I have not even brought up the issue of the organization or how I feel about it. Why do you keep bringing that into our argument? You're trying your best to throw that red herring in there, but it just won't work. Address the issues, stop changing them around.

RCat

• Derrick
    Derrick

Dear Francoise,

You criticized H2O for using the banning tool. I think waiting's comments describing the benefits and necessity of this facility in a civilized world are right on target.

Also, I have heard through email from some who participate regularly here, that Simon has banned several participants. I'm surprised you assume that if You Know and Fred Hall are not banned, this means nobody must have been banned.

If Simon denies he has banned anyone, then I apologize in advance. However, I don't think Simon was wrong to have banned those several people, even if you do. I hope it is alright for us to agree to disagree! That's what gives mankind such diversity.

• Derrick
    Derrick

Simon said a few posts above yours in this thread, "I have nothing against people defending their beliefs or holding and arguing a particular viewpoint as long as they are sincere (very hard to judge) and don't attack or harrass others."

...and don't attack or harrass others. I agree.

You said to me, "I do believe the owner needs some psychological help. He's not unbiased and emotionally stable enough to run a forum, that's for certain!" Isn't posting innuendo publicly that someone is mentally ill or "unstable" without proof of diagnosis, a form of slander or libel? No? It sure would be, if you were directing this post to Kent Steinhaug regarding the administration of his Watchtower Observer forum. You would be in trouble then...

Thank you for making the atmosphere here so warm and fuzzy, can't wait to return when I start to crave a little humiliation. I needed to see your demo on exactly how some critics feel guests should really be treated on a real forum. It was unorthodox, but thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule!

I'll go now and mull over whether your radical example of how to treat newcomers to a forum will actually work in helping H2O to heal. I'll also see how tolerant this board when a newcomer expresses pain as I am, after having been publicly humiliated. Will my post get deleted, and yours remain? Even on H2O, when someone was trampled on we let them say "ouch" without deleting them.

(P.S. Are you charging me for that rather unorthodox public psychiatric analysis that calls into question publicly my very worth as a human being, that I need psychiatric help? I refuse to pay the bill, even if I get banned as a result.) ;-)

What an education this was.

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

Rick,

It is apparent that you have no answers to the very real points I made in my post to you. Granted, I judged your stability, based on your wild, verbose posting in your own forum. But you STILL did not address the problem that I brought to you, that of removing posts in a forum then answering them publicly when the public cannot see the original post! It's easy to kiss up to Prisca because she defended you, but answer the points I made in my post, regarding the posting at H20.

You also did not discuss the red herring you threw regarding the organization being reformable, which I pointed out twice to you. You are going around the points made in the postings, and skirting the issues entirely! Which just makes the points I made about your stability that much more valid! Answer the stated problems, Rick. Stop trying to call attention away from the main problems that I brought forth to you.

RCat

• Farkel
    Farkel

Dear Rick,

I don't have a lot of time to deal with your vebosity, but I will comment on these two statements by you:

: I admit it was a hastilty written and verbose post at that, and a post that got its comeuppance when a volunteer moderator (who gives her precious little time to tend to H2O for the benefit of those like yourself), exiled it to Aimoo's moderator-only Trash Bin.

Which post was that, Rick? You wrote two infamous posts in the last two days or so. Was it one of them you are talking about? Yes, or no. If so, what does it matter if a "she" moderator made a mistake and deleted it? Did YOU as the super-administrator ressurect it and put it back on YOUR board? Yes, or no. If not, why not? Forget the other shit. Your post disappeared and only you have the ability to bring life back to it. Did you do that? Yes, or no. If not, why not?

You big dummy.

: Because I now share the administration of H2O with the brother who has the title of Forum Director -- and I assure you he is not a "diehard" JW by any means -- I think it is best to run this by him. However, I understand some have saved this post before it hit the skids.

Yeah, Rick. He's a good pal of mine. He actually likes me too, and I like him. BOO!

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit