COMING OUT PARANOIA?

by ese 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ese
    ese

Hi - all these posts re "coming out" seem kind of paranoid or,what's the word or phrase, like delusions of grandeur, i mean no offense with this but it just seems like few jws would care who you are - at least now they wouldn't care if you done left already - am i missing something?

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Many of us have been abused in one way or another. Some refer to it as spiritual rape--some have been physicaly molested. Some of us are being stalked to one degree or another by the elders. Yes, it sounds paranoid, but if you have had that kind of experience you would understand what it feels like to be a victim of the WT cult.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

thing is ese- they do care. And they've cared enough to actually ask the specific names of posters here. If they didn't care that wouldn't have happened. They lurk here because they do care and they are looking to cause personal trouble for the folks who post here if they can find out who some folks are.

• talesin
    talesin
    they wouldn't care if you done left already

Ah, but this is not the case.

Many leave the bOrg, but years later are pursued by JCs, who then DF them so they lose the 'privilege' of having family.

talesin

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

and again...many are hiding because they are paranoid of losing their families, their friends, their minds. The WT has a lot of control over peoples lives--their doctrines of beliefs enforced upon people with threats of punishment of losing your life and loved ones being separated from you. The elders in the cong can make a single decision for you that can change your life forever--parents separated from children/vice versa--loved ones dying for refusing blood. I was naive once and thought there were stop gap measures that were set up in this "loving org" such as circuit overseers to take care of in a case of injustice, or the society would certainly always be there to come to the rescue--someone would always be there to protect the innocent--Forgive me--I was so very wrong.

• talesin
    talesin
    I was naive once and thought there were stop gap measures that were set up in this "loving org"--circuit overseers to take care of in a case of injustice or the society would ceratainly always come to the rescue--someone would always be there to protect the innocent--I was so very wrong.

well said, cyber-sista

yes, your trust was betrayed, that's enough to deal with, let alone having them hound you the rest of your days ..

• Wallflower
    Wallflower

This is a totalitarian and mind controlling cult, being a JW is your life - not just a meeting or two a week. You have to be determined and singleminded to leave. You can't just wake up one day and say "I've had enough." and go. You have friends, family to consider, the whole fabric of your life is turned upside down, this is a very stressful time.

"Coming out" is the first stage towards this. A proclamation of rejecting the JW lifestyle and starting out again, with all the problems and uncertainties that entails. Telling all and sundry here, at the hall or at home.

but it just seems like few jws would care who you are

It is not done for their benefit.

IMHO belittling a statement of a very important decision, something that took real guts to admit, is not very constructive and possibly damaging to those who need need our support - not criticism.

• Dansk
    Dansk
    IMHO belittling a statement of a very important decision, something that took real guts to admit, is not very constructive and possibly damaging to those who need need our support - not criticism.

Well said, Wallflower!

Ese, Watchtower is afraid - VERY afraid - of those that openly speak out against it. They come here to find out who people are so they can apply pressure - on oneself, one's family, one's friends. There are many painful stories here concerning what has happened to people for being so open. Many of us have had our families broken up and we are shunned by our own blood ties.

Paranoid? You betcha! Because this is an evil, rotten-to-the-core cult we're dealing with which won't hesitate to stoop to the lowest levels to protect itself. For every one of us it loses a ripple of terror hits Brooklyn. It isn't worried about our losing our souls, it's worried about losing the funding each of us contributes. No cash, no Watchtower!

Wallflower is right! It takes REAL guts to come right out into the open and lambast the Watchtower. It takes REAL guts to put one's photograph up here knowing what the consequences could be. It takes REAL guts to admit one has been living a lie serving Watchtower. The point is, we don't do it for any other reason but altruism. We want others to be saved from the harm we've experienced and are still experiencing. People here need our support and they can certainly have mine as long as I'm breathing.

Ian

• cypher50
    cypher50

"No offense" but isn't this the second time you have posted in a manner as to insult people here under the 'guise of just trying to find out more information about Witnesses? If you truly want to find out why so many people have such strong feelings about not being a Witness anymore then I suggest actually doing an academic study about the religion by reading a few books that study the doctrines & traditions about Witnesses...but don't post about people sounding paranoid and then try to say "no offense". It is insulting to call someone even borderline paranoid if you haven't ever been in their situation and haven't taken enough steps to even understand what they are going through...

On topic now...I do agree that some are overly anxious about posting here. However, I do remember more then a few posters saying how people have reported them to elders & family members for finding out that they posted here. When you have so much to lose (association with family members & friends, the loss of your reputation) then it is understandable that you might be skittish about even perusing a message board like this.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Wallflower, here is a gift to you to add to your very well written post. Thanks!

"The Truth is not part of our life, it is our life. Everything else revolves around it."
    (Our Kingdom Ministry, December, 1998, p.3)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit