NEWEST WT ON 666

by Mary 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

OK, I just got the latest WT that has big flaming numbers 666 on the front. I skimmed through it but naturally it's pretty vague on who they think makes up this Beast that has this number. Personally, I've always felt that there will be an individual Antichrist (like Hiter) who tries taking over the world. There's some scriptures in Daniel that seem to indicate that it's an individual, not a "composite man" like the Society always tries to claim.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the indentity of 666?

• Loris
    Loris

The scripture says that 666 is a man's number. Whatever that means.

As far as taking over the world; whenever I hear that the weird part of me thinks back to Pinky and the Brain the two Warner Brothers cartoon lab rats. Each time Pinky asks, "What are we going to do tonight, Brain?" and Brain would say "What we do every night, Pinky, try to take over the world."

Trying to figure out Revelation makes my head hurt, so I don't.

Loris

• dustyb
  • heathen
    heathen

You have got to be kidding me right ? The WTBTS has said for the longest time the lamb beast with the #666 is the american british alliance and now they just say it's a composite man? unknown in origin?

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

The whole wild beast/UN thing has become total vague a farce. The special talk last year was "Has Babylon's Judgement Hour Arrived?"

Not a mention about the UN being the organization to destroy Babylon the Great. I chatted to the speaker about this afterwards - I don't think he had even noticed. LOL, does nobody care about doctrine any more in the Society?

• Mary
    Mary

My take on the reading is that they think it's the worldwide government in opposition to "God's Kingdom". I find that the Borg is always very, very vague when it comes to identifying specifics like this in the bible. I always remember (while studying the Revelation book) them saying that the "firey mountain" that John sees crashing into the sea where it "kills a third of all the flesh in the sea and on the land" represents "the firey issue of God's Kingdom after World War II". I don't think I've ever heard of such a pathetic and lame attempt at explaining a scripture in all my life (although they have many others that come close).

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

666, then comes 667, then comes, 668, the numerology game has been going on since the number one,then comes two, then comes all the way up to 666.

How about the insight book,it has a lot to say about the numbers in the Bible,like,#3, #4, #7, #10, #12,#40, etc.They will never get God's number,because the days are numbered for the WT.Society

.Sorry Mary, I was just having some fun.Really,know one knows what is what anymore,every one is just guessing.Its a wait and see situation.

Blueblades

• nowisee
    nowisee

i just heard on the history channel that for many years people thought it was ronald reagan since each of his 3 names, 1st, middle and last consist of 6 letters.

so much for that theory.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Trying to decifer the drug, alcohol, or granduer based delusions of ancient power tripping con-artist is a game for modern-day delusional power tripping con-artist. If this does not describe you, please stop.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

My brother's cell phone number ends in 6666. He told me Satan only got three 6s and he got four that makes him the supreme evil ruler of the universe.

Gretchen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit