Is my purpose to help, fail and suffer?

by TheLonelyOne 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• MissFit
    MissFit

Hey Cofty: great restraint. You made your point. I wonder if you will get a response.

Miss.Fit

• MissFit
    MissFit

I thought I edited my last sentence before I posted.

I meant to say he needed professional help.

• cofty
    cofty
    There is a tendency in the world to put our trust in people. As people, we do not know what we are doing. - RJH

I disagree. Human potential is awesome. Extreme cynicism about the human condition is a hallmark of theism in general and cults in particular.

MissFit - Won't hold my breath!

• emilynghiem
    emilynghiem

Hi @cofty sorry to go off topic and maybe we need another thread for this.

restricting healing to only replacing cut off limbs is not natural or wise.

that's like saying I won't believe science till you make a butterfly turn into an elephant using physics.

spiritual healing I'm talking about is natural like gravity or how your blood circulates.

And yes it has healed SOME cases of schizophrenia, rheumatoid arthritis (cited in Dr. Macnutt's book on HEALING 1999), cancer, diabetes, and many other physical and mental illness, even criminal addictions have been cured.

so if you wait to believe it to do the research to prove it, it will never get done. what a shame for people to die of depression, suicide, self-cutting, eating and drug addictions, because people like you are waiting for someone else to prove it before they believe, why not study it yourself and be ahead of everyone else still waiting?

• emilynghiem
    emilynghiem

Hey LovelyOne

just thought of new nickname for you do you like it?

If you want to explore your own talents and gifts in general,

not related to spiritual growth, but just educational and career wise,

here's another book "What Color is Your Parachute" by Dr. Richard Bolles

that is a fun way to assess your natural talents and skills you enjoy most

to feel better and get an idea of what you can focus on for your future success.

take care! yours truly, Emily

remember to think of yourself as

"TheLOVElyOne" and focus on positive sides of yourself, okay?

• cofty
    cofty
    restricting healing to only replacing cut off limbs is not natural or wise.

That is a cowardly cop-out. "spiritual healing" is dangerous woo woo. Heal an amputee and then we can talk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit