Is my purpose to help, fail and suffer?

by TheLonelyOne 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• TheLonelyOne
    TheLonelyOne
    Hi folks Im coming from far for many, for some maybe bit near. Life has been thought. Even though I'm only 27 pain and problems has been around since my first days. I was searching God for years. In hell, around, in heaven. Eventually fell apart and neurosis called my life home. Drinking became the only solution. With lack of understanding what is going with me even from doctors. This failed. Ended on the detox. Terrified that night and praying. This felt like a sign. Praying heals why are you looking for God somewhere else. Many years have passed since that day. Many terrible things happened. Ended up closed in my own virtual world. Current society is sick and I don't even regret. After years I've met a guy in a game full of hate.I was always against relationships on distance but in the current sick world is easier to move to other country and meeting First connected soul since ever finally happened. I'm a bit harsh looking, troll like person. Still kind and helpful to others. After a month he had suicidal attempt because of his ex girlfriend. I failed. Halfly. He didnt get enough drugs. Called police but as we live in different countries they didn't really do anything. We had happy months after that with endless hours on Skype, flourished yet with lack of plans. Eventually his diabetes picked on hi is eyes. He could lose his sight and fell apart and dumped me. Another suicidal thoughts, police and embassy with their suggestion. Sleepless nights, almost mental illness. Seeing someone in pain turning away while you're miles away and can't stop him hurts. Hurted more then anything in my life. He didn't make it. Even police came there to ask questions...few days later. Months passed and knowing he is alive was keeping me alive. Didn't even ask God for more. We even had almost come back, then he decided to move out with someone else only to come back recently. Bankrupt, tired and without perspectives. I begged God to change his parents that mix him with mud on a daily basis. It worked but stopped. They were all Jehovah's Witnesses. Quit few years ago. He can't find job, they took his computer and all what's left is a dog and TV. And of course parents that say he should never been born. I wouldn't care if I was him but tuned out of ideas how to teach him to do it. Reunite fails, boredom and pessimism kills the rest. I finally feel like going to job and renting the flat because it has purpose other then making myself happy. But I feel that this time even if I won't fail his lack of will to live might succeed. What would You do? 
  • emilynghiem
    emilynghiem

Dear TheLonelyOne

the fact you still know the difference between right and wrong,

between what is unhealthy and where you KNOW you need to be,

you are still rightminded and on the right track. People who are really lost would not post what you did so honestly.

There is more hope for you than 1000 people who show no problems because they hide and lie to themselves.

You are honest and humble, so you will receive.

I recommend spiritual healing from any free source you can find that knows how to invoke Jesus authority to break through addictions, abuse cycle, and "generational" sickness from the past.

The free help I recommend most because these people are nonprofit volunteers who help for free

and do not try to add any conditions on the help they give to anyone as their calling from God

* Dr. Francis MacNutt, read his book on HEALING edition 1999 or later

or anyone can post a free prayer request on his nonprofit website http://www.christianhealingmin.org

His book explains the process, why prayers can fail and what it takes to find the cause and pray for forgiveness for it, etc. Also "The Healing Light" by Agnes Sanford is another good explanation of natural healing and recovery

* Dr. Phillip Goldfedder http://www.healingisyours.com

he is more scriptural and authoritative in approach, coming from a Jewish background and discovering spiritual healing as a doctor. Since then, spiritual healing has replaced his medical practice in neurosurgery because he has cured more people at the root cause than surgery has been able to help which is burdensome and costly.

* Olivia Reiner also has a free help line for prayer of any kind, especially deliverance prayer

and help with recovery from addiction and abuse that are very hard to break 

I'm not sure if I can post her number her, but she gives permission to share it to help more people

it is posted at http://www.spiritual-healing.us

If there are other sources of spiritual healing that are free and don't require you to join any group,

those are the ones I recommend. They focus on forgiveness and casting out demons by Jesus authority.

NOTE: the JW do not believe that spiritual healing is consistent with scripture and God's will.

they mistake it for spiritism, occult and demonic witchcraft which is negative and outside or against Christ.

True spiritual healing that is natural uses Christ authority and works WITH science and medicine

as part of natural law and science as gifts from God. So Dr. MacNutt explains the difference, but JW

aren't taught this. It is important to learn about spiritual healing because God designed the mind and body

to heal themselves by the spirit. So by removing BLOCKAGES caused by unforgiveness, then sickness that could not be healed before are able to be cured in Christ Jesus. His spirit restores natural healing process of God by removing curses, unforgiven feelings and memories causing ill will and division, etc. that make us sick.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

You two should meet up.

Any chance you live nearby each other?

Doc

• TheLonelyOne
    TheLonelyOne

It's our duty to help others. We are like doctors on ER. It's just so not trendy nowadays.  Let it go  - is suppose to protect us. Someone is in pain, danger, need, can die? Let it go. I dont know where we as humans aee really going with that. I often saw lack of understanding why do I want to help someone. Weird and artifical, tryhard psychological explanations instead of acknowledging that compassion among other things is what makes us humans not animals. Im not gonna fall under letting go. I like animals but im human.

as  forvspiritual healing its hard to find anything here. Catholic church isvalmost exclusive here. I believe in self healing. Homeopathy was proven to work this way. Believing is everything. Ask and they will give. We all have part of God in ourselves. This part can do a lot. I will give a try those books once I will find time. It was pleasure to meet  a kimd soul emilynghiem. Big thank You.

• TheLonelyOne
    TheLonelyOne
    @desirouschange  portugal/poland. Everything can be done with faith and will and im working on it.
  • emilynghiem
    emilynghiem

Hi TheLonelyOne

If you are short on time, the two books I would recommend are The Healing Light by Agnes Sanford

because it is short and closest to the natural healing you believe in that is simple to understand.

Since you don't seem to know the CRITICAL difference between healing prayer we can do ourselves,

and the deliverance done with assistance to clean out things beyond our control (these two types

of prayers are completely opposite : one asking from within for healing to come in and the other commanding from an outside party for demonic sickness to come out.), I believe you need the second book HEALING that explains why prayers fail because people stop at the first type of prayer, and don't do the second type FIRST.

The second type REMOVES what is blocking prayers from working.

So if you skip that type, nothing will work. You will go round and round, until someone figures out you need the OTHER type of prayer first. THEN after that, all your prayers and natural healing will work as they should!

Since your cycles seemed to be going round and round, that's why I sense that these are outside forces

blocking you in that need to be removed by special prayers just for that step.

After that your natural homeopathy will work, AFTER the negative blockage trapping you in a cycle is removed.

I am happy to send you both books free, with trust you will pass them to others or donate to a church library when you are done and understand the difference in prayers that remove "outside" blockage from outside sources beyondyour choice or control.

If there is a church library near you where you know the volunteers well, I can mail the books there and you can borrow them and remain anonymous while the library gets a free donation. Let me know.

If more people knew the difference between these types of prayers, everyone would be free of drug addictions, cycles of abuse, and even criminal sickness which has been cured this way when doctors thought it was impossible. There are different types of prayer, so the right one has to be applied or it can fail by skipping steps.

Because you like natural homeopathy healing, you remind me of Tim Minchin's poem STORM

which is an all time favorite classic. I tried to find the link, but they all failed to load. I like the original red-letter version best and didn't like the cartoon movie. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d39_1239329292

• cofty
    cofty

Emily - When god heals an amputee get back to me about healing.

• rebel8
    rebel8

It's always disturbing to me when posters preach a new religion to people here. To me, it just mucks up the healing process, like taking Valium several times a day instead of drinking.

Anyway OP, help your friend. Lend a listening ear. Give him a hand up.

• R. Jerome Harris
    R. Jerome Harris
    Only The Most High God can help you (and any of us) the way you (we) need to be help. No religious organization by any name can do that. 
    There is a tendency in the world to put our trust in people. As people, we do not know what we are doing. 
    If I were you (and I am not and I do not know your full circumstance), I would detach myself from any religious organization (if you belong to one) and seek God's help. Put God to the test as He has promised that He will help us.
    The problem is that many do not know what to ask of the Father (our Creator). It is like this: Would one rather ask God for some a shovel and some seeds to plant a garden so that they can have food? Or, would one ask God for "His" wisdom, "His" knowledge and "His" Understanding. I would ask for the former because when armed with his wisdom, understanding and knowledge I can then figure out how to get a shovel and seeds to plant a garden. It is by possessing the mind of God that we can navigate through lifes problems. No human or human entity can do that for you.
    Their is a passage in the Bible at Isaiah 41:10 that says:
    "Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not gaze about, for I am your God. I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness.’"
    Jesus' own words at Matthew 6:8 counsels, "So, do not make yourselves like them, for God YOUR Father knows what things YOU are needing before ever YOU ask him."
    Jesus promises at Matthew 21:22, "And all the things YOU ask in prayer, having faith, YOU will receive.”
    (Please read Mark 11:24, Luke 11:9, John 14:13, James 1:5 and 1 John 3:22)
    I provide these Scriptures not to preach to you, but so that you can get an idea that it is NOT about what people can do for you, but for what GOD will do for you FOR FREE! No conditions. He just needs to be given the chance to PROVE TO YOU that He can and will straighten you out. And, in the end, you will not be within or associated with any religious organization as they create and perpetuate mental dysfunction.
    King David said long ago at Psalm 34:8, "Taste and see that the Lord (GOD) is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him."
    This is clear, it is simply saying, "Give God a chance." Not the God described for us by religious organizations, but to the one YOU will call out to in prayer.
    Too often, trust is placed in people and the effects of any help will not be long lasting; and, their might be conditions on receiving help from people. (For example, join their church or organization and you will be helped. Read their literature you will be helped. Study with them and you will be helped. That kind of help is at a cost to YOU and thus it is not FREE).
    I am a 62 year old man and I have been there. I have risen high and things were fine for a while and then taken very low. As a former JW the Watch Tower organization or my former Brethren did not help me in that time of dire need. Their solution was to study, study, study. Another line of reasoning given was to step it up and spend more time in the Field Ministry and God would bless me for it. The problem I had with all of that was that it was akin to telling a poor and destitute person who is hungry "To go feed himself" or person who is freezing "To put on a coat." They were just words and no action. Rather than actually giving the person food and a warm coat and shelter it is always words, amen at the end of the meetings and everyone goes in their own directions.
    You may have an immediate need that needs to be satisfied. For example, a job, money, and peace of mind. Use any power that you may have to do what you can do and move forward - take it one day at a time - and approach God in prayer and ask for the three things I mentioned. Keep asking. Be a pest about it. Expect to be answered. Do not doubt for one moment. Do not waver. Doubt and wavering are tools of the devil and he will use them to tempt you and discourage you during the process. Just recognize what they are. 
    I am an African American who works and lives in West Africa now. I see how people live over here and it sobers me up and keeps be grounded in the fact that most people in America - even the poor - have it made and are in a much better situation than many who live in certain parts of Africa.
    I find myself never complaining about anything anymore and not having this or that or not having enough of this or that.
    I find that the materially poor in the world do not suffer from the pandemic of "mental dysfunction or impairment." They may suffer from hunger and other physical ailments, but the mind is intact.
    In the Western and developed countries mental problems are rife.
    So what I am saying here is that you should keep in mind that there are others in the world who have it far worse.
    If possible, move out of the country to a place in the world where life is simpler and the pressures of living (which cause stress and accelerated aging). There are many places in Africa and Asia (even Iceland where I used to live) where one can live cheaply, stress free, and have time to find themselves and be happy.
    You can always return to the USA (or where you live) if your circumstances permit it.
  • MissFit
    MissFit

Welcome lonelyone, WOW, only 27. I am sorry your life has been nothing but pain so far.  It really is hard watch  someone you care about struggle.

I had a hard time understanding your post. I know English must not be your first language.  

I can tell you are very concerned about your friend and you have limited options.  

I think you need more practicable advice than trusting in God's healing.

Hopfully your friend can get professional help to realize life is worth living. Rebel is right- give your friend a listening ear but go  easy  on the God stuff.

If he was a JW then, he no doubt feels unworthy of God in this life and may think if he kills himself he will wake up in paradise.

I repeat he needs professional help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit