Is this Completely Apostate

by redline 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Introspection
    Introspection

Hi Redline,

You said:

Many people are credulous, easily intimidated, so its the position of others to help these people along.

I can appreciate your point here. However, I think it's important to identify just what kind of help is given. You can shield a young child from the world, but sooner or later they'll have to grow up and see reality as it is. If a person has led a sheltered life it will not be easy for them to find their way. It reminds me of the scriptures that talk about those who need milk and not solid food..

I myself am not interested in arguing over doctrinal matters, but I hope you do take note of one thing. Not everyone here are leading an immoral life, even by JW standards. I can tell you that personally, in the 4 years that I've been out I've done nothing which can possibly get me disfellowshipped. But what is more important is the fact that there are those here who have basically remained kind, loving individuals, but they simply no longer subscribe to the WTS belief system. I'm sure you've already noticed the kindness of some who have replied to you. How can that be? This to me is the big issue you have to resolve for yourself. Jesus said his followers are to be identified by the love they have amongst themselves. I think it's quite simple, all you have to do is take a hard look at those who are witnesses, see what kind of influence their religious beliefs have on them, and then take a look at other groups. Sure, there are always nasty people in the world, and certainly there are loving individuals within the organization. But really, you don't have to answer to me or anyone else on this point. You need to answer the question honestly for yourself.

"It is not so much that you use your mind wrongly--you usually don't use it at all. It uses you. This is the disease."--Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now

• Introspection
    Introspection

By the way Redline, in case you're wondering I was not raised a witness, though I was exposed to the teachings in my early teens. (I'm now 29) I had family members that studied briefly, one published but left and was never baptized. I ended up getting baptized with none of my family taking a real interest in the faith, and I was a serious witness, really believed everything. You see, it isn't that simple. There are people here with all kinds of different stories, all kinds of backgrounds.

"It is not so much that you use your mind wrongly--you usually don't use it at all. It uses you. This is the disease."--Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit