Did you EVER falsify your report card ?

by Chook 50 Replies latest jw experiences

• Chook
    Chook

Every single watchtower soldier lied to god out of fear of the Brooklyn popes.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Still do.

• rickroll
    rickroll

I know of several who would put down a few hours each week that were not put in. They said they needed to keep regular. I take ex-lax.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

No but when said I was coming off pioneering I realised I was being offered a golden ticket. Do what you want, just appear like you are doing it. But please keep pioneering.

Whenever I couldn't do my hours I would tell the elders - but I thought, "this is voluntary, why am I seeking their permission?"

It was a bit like when I went to pioneer school and got given money to go. I thought, "I gave them that money, now they have given it back to me. This is stupid."

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

yes, in the last year, when I knew I wanted to leave and was preparing my fade. I have no problems to lie to people who abuse/persecute me in any shape of form.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, towards the end. No one cared, just turn in that time so that BOE did not look bad when the CO visited.

I knew a jw that no longer went to any meetings. After a visit from the elders, that person realized that it was just their time slips they wanted. So this person filled out one slip detailing how much "fake" time they had spent each month for the last 3 years, while not attending meetings. The service overseer accepted his slips and recorded them retroactively. That was all they wanted. Now the BOE looked good.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I remember a guy in my cong who became a regular pioneer while still holding a full time job and never seen out on FS ever in the week, had a couple of bible studies but used to stroll through the hours each month when it was 90, he claimed that he could sometimes count 18 hours per day just witnessing to work colleagues! personally I may have added a couple of hours extra per month I couldn't wait to become inactive.

• blondie
    blondie

@jookbeard,

I wonder how he got away with talking to others about his religion during work time. At all my jobs, I would have been warned to do it on breaks, lunch, and after work hours, or be fired.

Did he own a business and force his non-jw workers to listen to him?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

worked for the local authority Blondie, I worked there for a couple of years also in the early 1990's it was a relaxed working environment, but as we know they use creative ways to pad out their hours plus they were very early starts in the mornings, like the way some used to do 24 hour gas station witnessing starting out an some ridiculously early time in the morning and still counting their until that evening if they take a bible study to a meeting etc

• hoser
    hoser

All the time

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit