Were YOU Considered A "Good Example" In The Congregation???

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

The elders would tell me if I was a male I could have made "overseer( in my day) They brought all the newcomers to meet me, "sister upbuilder"I was given a couple of "weak" sisters to help!!!One is now OUT! one is still IN. I was up on platform at district assemblies reporting about my 10 studies,,, ( they fell for the lie after I pressed them into service UGH!!!! Dont remind me!!!!!

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Well, let's see: Elder for decades, polished speaker used at Circuit and District conventions, reputation in congregation as excellent teacher. Wife, kids all pio'd. Friends in high places; followed party line; home was designated hospitality center for the congo, yada yada.... Gee, I guess so!

Ditto. (not all our kids pioneered, but some did)

When Dave resigned as an elder, in 1996, there were so many people who were very upset, because he was by far, the best teacher in the cong.

I sometimes think one of the reasons some of the "sisters" were upset we left was that they no longer had our house to use for showers and other get togethers.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I was considered a good example because of my activity in FS and work in the cong, but I was still considered bad association because of my pre-JW lifestyle.

Walter

• minimus
    minimus

The best compliment a sister can get is this: "If you were a male, you would've been an elder". Of course, there were some that would say this out of fear because they were intimidated......(Blondie, are you there?)

• Sargon
    Sargon

I was always a 'good example' of the type of teen-ager parents didn't want their children to associate with. Seriously, I didn't form any friendships with people my age at the Kingdom Hall I was always nan outsider.

• minimus
    minimus

These days, there's only a couple of truly "exemplary" ones. Everyone else is "not qualified".

• wednesday
    wednesday

as a teenager, i was told i had great potential, I was a "diamond in the rough" later, "a weak woman loaded down with sins" and i believe that is a quote from the bible. As i got ill, i became the "ill person who is sick b/c of her many sins" and i have been the "good daughter who is giving up her life to care for her parents" . Now, i'm thought of as too ill to attend meetings.

• minimus
    minimus

so Wednesday, you were never good enough for them, huh?

• SYN
    SYN

I alternated between being invisible and being a holy terror in the eyes of everybody.

Dubs, I salute you all! Look at me now, mofo's!

• minimus
    minimus

um, what's mofo mean?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit