Were YOU Considered A "Good Example" In The Congregation???

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29
    I was pretty much invisible.

So was I. That was my goal. I was happy being invisible. I was not a bad example, of which there were plenty in our hall and the other close by cong. I was not a pinnacle of 'spiritual' qualities.

• nowisee
    nowisee

oh yeah....almost right up to the day i disappeared.

always hated that lingo: "good example". always thought we should be whatever we were, and not try to appear to be something for the sake of others. if we were just trying to appear to be something what good was it anyway.

• maxwell
    maxwell

I was given the privilege of working behind the literature counter, handling mikes and being an attendant. I was also asked to say a few congregation prayers. So I'd say I was considered to be a good example.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

<-------------------------------------------Jezebel and proud of it!!!

ESTEE

• Beans
    Beans

I would have to ask Jehovah that!

Beans

Canadian District Overbeer

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• Dawn
    Dawn

I went to both extremes........at times I was a bad example..........then other times I was aux. pioneering and giving experiences on the district assembly platform. Go figure.....must be multiple personality hu?!

The truth is....I was trying really hard to be "good" but I just couldn't live up to it. I had a love for God and Jesus - but just couldn't tow the line on all the other stuff.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Dawn, me too! I went through a couple of superdub phases, but ultimately could not maintain it for long. I have to hand it to anyone that could! The rest of the time, I was the single sister that dated too many brothas, and took too many coffee breaks in service. I think they were glad when I left, all I did was serve as the bad example in the congregation.

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Several visitors asked me if I was the CO, visiting the weekend they happened to attend for the public talk! I'm not kidding! However, modestly, I explained the situation. I don't know if I was such a great speaker or that there were very poor speakers they were comparing me to! Anyway, this is a great question!

• shamus
    shamus

Yeah, I don't like peanuts... er....

I went from "horrid satanist freak skinhead sonofabitch" in one congregation, to unseen in many, then, finally, "Good Example". I was a "Good Example" as I was leaving the organization. Jehovah must have blessed my decision. Thanks Jehover.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I was being groomed for CO work. I rest my case

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit