Why does God allow people to develop 'forbidden' special powers?

by SM62 197 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rem
    rem

Robdar,

::Why do they think that the believer is not doing his best to understand scientifically what is going on also?

Because instead of simply saying "I don't know", they just make stuff up! And on top of that, most don't even test thier made-up theories. That's intellectually dishonest - not "open-minded". Maybe you understand the value of the scientific method, but most believers don't. In fact, many seem to have some sort of anti-intellectualism bias. It has been found in scientific studies that believers tend to not understand statistics and odds as well as non-believers. I think that may have a lot to do with the different outlooks as well.

LT,

I've taken the Myers-Briggs several times and I always come out a very strong INTJ. Of course, INTJ's are very skeptical by nature - so much so that I'm skeptical that the Myers-Briggs evaluation is anything more than a load of crap! :) j/k (I haven't really formed an opinion about the validity of Myers-Briggs tests... I do think that at the very least they are fun and stimulate conversation and thinking).

rem

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

What happened to the Nathan that used to post here?
    Someone nasty and beligerant has obviously hijacked his account.

LT of the "I only tell it as I see it, complete with a spoonful of honey" class, and with runner-up awards for finding it remotely offensive when someone isn't gracious enough to accept good beer...

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Rem:
    I understand that tests such as Myer-Briggs don't tend to vary too much in subsequent retakes.

I find it interesting that we are only different on one point - that of "Feelings" v's "Thinking".
    I would definitely have placed you as "Sensing", rather than "iNtuition". That perhaps says a little about the internal clockwork and the medium of expression.
    I regularly try to remind myself that what I see expressed on the board is often not what the poster intended to imply.

Btw, most of us aren't intellectually dishonest at all. We just have different priorities in challenging our world view. Meanwhile we accept certain "placeholders" in our interpretation of available data.
    Please don't condemn us for it. It's how we are wired up, and there are many in that category. Again - different, but not necessarily wrong / bad. etc.

Edited to add - Btw, I'm still smiling, and enjoying this discussion, and hope you are too

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

LittleToe is a true gentleman and a master debater.

Note especially his carefully constructed logical arguments, the skilled way he presents his evidence, and the way he refrains from cheap personal attacks.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

My dad is bigger than your dad - nanana na na!!!

(Someone break us up before we graze a knee or summit )

Btw, Nathan, I still love ya

• Xena
    Xena

FIGHT FIGHT

(hint to Nathan...scots don't wear much under those kilts..or so I hear ...he's probably pretty vulerable in that area if you wanna take a cheap shot.)

• greatteacher
    greatteacher

Let's thank god for all of this playful and gay banter!

• sens
    sens

Sirona, I just went thru the links the gave about wicca, I can actually say yer I agree with that, it does seem to point to hexing etc.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Xena:
    You only want to kiss the poor-poors better, don't you! I've met your type before
    Besides, you're encouraging him to use his "forbidden" special power!!!

GT:
    Are you confident of your sexuality, a la Gadget?

• greatteacher
    greatteacher

Actually "Gay Banter" is a Monty Python expression from some obscure episode.

I am confidently bi.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit