Are we just being "sifted" out?

by micheal 17 Replies latest jw friends

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger
    How can one be "sifted" out of the true religon when leaving means living a more fullfilled happier life.

Just doesn't add up.

Ah, the usual comeback for this is because when we leave the org., we do so because of selfish human desires.

Growing up, I was sure that all worldly people were inheirently EVIL - in my head they were all doing wicked evil selfish things (i.e. lots of sex, drugs, rock & roll - whatever they wanted they selfishly indulged in, thus thinking they were happy - by being rewarded by Satan).

What a suprise I had coming to me!!! And what a contradiction my life has turned into - I honestly view myself as more "Christian" than anyone that I ever remember as being a witness. I honestly "searched" for Christ/God, and also tested my belief structures. That's what we were admonished to do.

Being "sifted" out is just a way for the JW's to continue to sit on their pedestals of self-righteousness. If one were to truly believe in the Bible, they would most likely eventually realize that this "sifting" process is for every human being in all religions. In all religions you will find "true" Christians (believers) and you will find ones that are there for either the wrong, or truly wicked reasons. God judges on an individual basis.

This argument is also blown out of the water by the JW's themselves, now that they are forced to admit (based on their own belief system) that it isn't JUST JW's that may be saved at God's judgement day. In the end, it is god that judges - not any human being or religious organization.

• undercover
    undercover

I had someone us that defense not to long ago when I was trying to show them the history of the Society. 100 years of false predictions and mistakes by any organization would surely have to make us sit up and at least question anything that was said from that organization.

I got the "Jehovah is cleansing the organization by allowing the Society to make mistakes, thus any disloyal ones would be sifted out by not accepting the organization as being directed by God" argument. That defense works only if you KNOW and accept that the organization is God's. Try telling someone outside of the organization that and you will get laughed at.

At first I didn't know how to respond because it makes no logical sense whatsoever. God, who cannot lie, who is justice, who is truth, let's his organization continually, progressively teach things in error just to weed out any who might question the validity of the organization? How stupid is that? God, who cannot lie, who is justice, who is truth would have an organization that is spotless, without blemish, so that one could point to it and say, "as God's organization, see how we have not erred or made wrong predictions and everything we said would happen has happened?" This would bring more people in who wish to be on God's side than letting them be wrong all the time, trying to cover their tracks.

• Gopher
    Gopher

The JW's use the scripture "they went out from us because they weren't of our sort" to say that many people who leave NEVER REALLY were true Witnesses anyhow!

If I was never really a true JW, can I have back the contributions I made? Can they subtract my hours and magazine placements from their statistics? Can my baptism be voided? And finally, can I become "un-disfellowshipped" because I never really was a true Witnesss?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I got the "Jehovah is cleansing the organization by allowing the Society to make mistakes, thus any disloyal ones would be sifted out by not accepting the organization as being directed by God" argument

Yup

Galatians 1:8-12 ***

However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to YOU as good news something beyond what we declared to YOU as good news, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said above, I also now say again, Whoever it is that is declaring to YOU as good news something beyond what YOU accepted, let him be accursed.

Is it, in fact, men I am now trying to persuade or God? Or am I seeking to please men? If I were yet pleasing men, I would not be Christ?s slave. 11 For I put YOU on notice, brothers, that the good news which was declared by me as good news is not something human; 12 for neither did I receive it from man, nor was I taught [it], except through revelation by Jesus Christ.
  • micheal
    micheal
    How can one be "sifted" out of the true religon when leaving means living a more fullfilled happier life.

Just doesn't add up.

Ah, the usual comeback for this is because when we leave the org., we do so because of selfish human desires.

This could be said if people leave and all that they attain is wealth, prestige or any other fleshly things. But for the most part the ones who leave attain greater satisfaction with life in an emotional, spiritual, and mental state. Something you would expect from the true religion but it is often attained only when you leave.

• Soledad
    Soledad
    Matthew 12 10 and a man with a shriveled hand was there. Looking for a reason to accuse Jesus, they asked him, ?Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath??
    11 He said to them, "If any of you has a sheep and it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will you not take hold of it and lift it out? 12 How much more valuable is a man than a sheep! Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath."
  • rem
    rem

Sure I was sifted out... the Society is like a huge filter that strains out all those who detest hypocricy, lies, anti-intellecutalism, pseudoscholarhsip, or even those who are just not happy with such a restrictive lifestyle, etc. and keeps all of the credulous sheep in.

rem

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Sifted or separated?Remember the society once taught that the separation of the sheep and the goats was being done now.Then they made a change to it will be done in the future,not by jw's,but by Jesus and his angels.So,who is sifting and separating who ,and when?

Bottom line is "Jehovah never had an organization that he used,he always used individual men and women",so the the whole defense mechanism used by those still in this cult organization is mooth.

Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit