At the meeting ... Ugh

by cappytan 39 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Gosh, you guys, I almost wish I was still in so I could give subversive comments during the meetings. I have seen articles when at my moms and -Jeez!! There are so many openings. I can't believe that it isn't a sport for young JWs. You would think that would keep them so busy "commenting" that the 'adults' would get complacent  and before you know it-revolution! 

I was in Qatar during the Egyptian revolution and every Egyptian I knew wanted to be at home so they could stand in that peaceful protest and tell Mubarak what they thought of him. I now understand the inclination more than before. 

You guys-do the rest of us proud!  Your moms and dads will be so proud too-they likely won't catch on to you unless they are thinking the same way-and if they are, then they will be proud of you for WHAT they are catching on to.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh as for throwing in "thought-provoking" comments or answers...be cautious!!

In my last bible highlights talk a few months back, (that was full of the old "god kills anyone and everyone, including kids" etc stuff), I opened with this question:

"How would we respond to critics of the bible who propose that Jehovah is a 'cruel, petty, jealous and vindictive being who has no problem killing even little babies' as shown in this weeks reading?"

Then I went on and read examples of verses from the weeks reading!

I concluded by saying "so brothers and sisters, have we prepared our minds and hearts NOW in order to respond correctly to people in our community who raise such objections? Doing proper research NOW will allow us the chance to be "equipped for every good work" (2 timothy 3:17)

The looks I got from some Elders was PRICELESS!

Now I have been deleted!...hmmm food for thought!

• cappytan
    cappytan

Did they give you a reason for the deletion? Just curious.

• blondie
    blondie

"I had highlights and I emphasized how Deborah was a Judge and Barak valued her council so much he wouldn't go into Battle without her!  I got a nasty sneer from our Misogynist COBE."

Not only that, God told Barak that because he was such a coward that the battle would be given to a woman, Jael, the one that pounded a stake through the head of Sisera.

http://www.womeninthebible.net/1.8.Deborah_Jael.htm

• sir82
    sir82

my COBE just turned around and looked right at me and gave me a big old wink. ...

So, how tight were your pants? 

• cappytan
    cappytan
    So, how tight were your pants?

haha! 

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Oh as for throwing in "thought-provoking" comments or answers...be cautious!!

[...]

404 Need for caution not found.  Sounds like you got a perfect result!

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

"Hurly Spirit must have been flowing tonight because during Bible Highlights my hand was up the entire time to point out Judges 1:19, but I wasn't called on that time"

Cappy Tan,  are you ME?   Am I posting under two different accounts? And not even realising it?

Maybe they're wise to the fact that SOME try to be controversial in their comments,  I was going to bring that out too but wasn't asked.. 

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Ever hear a run of the mill loyal follower give a comment and mention how some "might reason" (basically a practical logical thought that makes sense and is not intellectually dishonest) and as they are saying it afterwards they pause as if to say without say it "oh S%$t! that does make sense" then they end and go into the circle 2+2=5 explanation. But for a moment hearing themselves say it out loud clicks something in their brain until the cult part has time to reboot? Like: "some might say god was unjust in doing x y & z.... *pause*... thinking... rebooting, but wait no he wasn't actually he is actually more loving because I've been told so..." kills me
  • wifibandit
    wifibandit

Yes blondie!  Excellent point.  I wanted to include it, but they only give 2 minutes for 1 point from the platform.

I had hoped one of the sisters would make it.  The first 4 people I called on were sisters, but none jumped at the opportunity.  One of them even said some bs about submission from a WT 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit