At the meeting ... Ugh

by cappytan 39 Replies latest jw friends

• cappytan
    cappytan

My problem with commenting is that it's second nature. My Dad was the Watchtower conductor my entire life growing up, so I have this knack and habit of commenting on the fly to bail out the brother when no one has their hand up. 

It's a hard habit to break.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I reckon there is certainly something to those that don't close eyes during the prayer.

They may not yet know TTATT, (The Truth About The Truth) but they certainly don't buy into the whole "sacredness of divine communication" that is for sure...

To the OP cappytan, DONT answer more that four times, or it looks false and kind of "over-righteous", plus it sets a precedent for yourself. Then when you start fading more, it will be more obvious... (trust me! My reduction in answering was one of the things that got the attention of the Elders and started their suspiciousness of me)

• berrygerry
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    I wonder if people that have eyes open during the prayer are wise to TTATT?

I think it's more likely that they just don't buy into it.  The ones in my congregation that keep their heads up during prayer are all 16-20 years old.  In quite sure they don't know ttatt, but they must be somewhat aware of how stupid it all is.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    DONT answer more that four times, or it looks false and kind of "over-righteous"

It's so hard when you're used to being that bail out brother. I wouldn't have given that many comments if people were actually paying attention and raising their hands. 

I mean, what does it say about the congregation when the undercover apostate has to answer because the REAL Witnesses won't raise their hands?

• Divergent
    Divergent

Cappy, u don't have to reduce ur commenting. In fact, it would be great if you could find opportunities to give some thought-provoking comments that might help others to open their eyes 

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Cappy, u don't have to reduce ur commenting. In fact, it would be great if you could find opportunities to give some thought-provoking comments that might help others to open their eyes 

Hurly Spirit must have been flowing tonight because during Bible Highlights my hand was up the entire time to point out Judges 1:19, but I wasn't called on that time  

• What is Truth?
    What is Truth?

Dude I need to connect my tablet to the router next time I am sitting in the back.  I did the #1 part thought of 4 or 5 contradictions as I read and paused extra long to try to get people to notice.  I am just surprised they would even highlight that selection of scriptures about testing the Israelites. 

What were you going to say about those all-powerful iron scythes, Cappytan?

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Hey!  I was browsing the exjw sub-reddit during the meeting tonight.

I had highlights and I emphasized how Deborah was a Judge and Barak valued her council so much he wouldn't go into Battle without her!  I got a nasty sneer from our Misogynist COBE.  

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hey cappytan, I understand completely being the 'bail out answerer" . That was always me too...

Eventually though I felt two-faced as I spewed out the usual clichéd witness answers which I knew to be garbage.

Then I gave up caring about bailing any conductor out! After all, if no one wants to answer, it not my fault, nor my problem if he is stuck with the "sounds of silence"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit