Has anyone ever personally written to the Society?

by seeitallclearlynow 25 Replies latest jw friends

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I've been listening to Marlene Mercado's audio testimony on Jwinfoline while reading and posting here today; and it reminded me that I had written to the Society once, years ago, and I received a response. The response made me angry with them, although they were agreeing with me on something that I was complaining about. What made me angry was that they made no acknowledgment that they put a LOT of pressure on the brothers to REACH OUT and even after they have attained an office of oversight, a lot more pressure is put on the elders and servants to DO MORE, do just so, etc....They claimed that it was my elder husband's own fault that he was barely ever home, and when he was, he was in his den or on the phone with someone who couldn't make any decisions on their own. Of course, I had to make all my own decisions and figure everything out for myself, because my own husband was ALWAYS busy with other people, and of course, elders' wives can't ask another elder for help, because that would be insulting to her own husband and head; and of course, we never got any shepherding, since OBVIOUSLY we had our own shepherd in our own husband, DIDN'T WE????

• dustyb
    dustyb

I thought about writing them, but i know the answers' that i would get, so i decided to say flagpole it.

• D8TA
    D8TA

Actually, I did once.

I wrote a simple statement:

edited

Juvenile it may seem, but it got my point across about a whole range of topics. Though I´m sure they were quite confused upon recieving such a note, I thought it was one of many ways of vengence for the shit I had to endure as a child. Made me happy too, and resolved a number of issues.

• TD
    TD

Writing the Society and simply talking to one of the local elders are in many respects essentially the same thing. No matter which route you take, you are not dealing with someone able to modify policy and/or effect change. In both cases, actually agreeing with a divergent point of view would be apostasy on their part, so that's not going to happen no matter how wrong current policy may happen to be.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Many times!!! I wrote about the tennis player running around the track with the Flag & telling the world it was her birthday- They replied that was up to her conscience- I wrote about Glen How getting the award- ( no part of Babylon?) I wrote about the huge renervations they were doing on Brooklyn Bethel (If the day was so close for destruction Why???? )I wrote & told them I was so happy that they threw me out because I had found the Real truth!!! After all !! they all told me they were my brothers & sisters -so I explained I like to keep in touch with the "family" I tell them I will be praying that they too will escape bondage of the WT also...I just dont understand why they stopped answering???? I guess they are busy though

• shotgun
    shotgun

Only once with a return address.....

They admitted to printing and teaching what was false for a period of time until the FDS knew it was the proper time to release the new understanding.

Not worded as plainly as that, they did alot of dancing. Proper food at the proper time, light gets brighter, my shite don't stink, that kind of stuff.

My wife destroyed the letter or I'd scan it to the forum.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Several times. Always got a form-type letter back. But writing the letters relieved my feelings and placed the poop where it belonged -- on them.

"If I speak, I am condemned. If I stay silent, I am damned." (Jean Valjean, in a song from "Les Miserables")

Nina

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I HAVE!!!

I sent them a copy of some literatures which had their signature phrase "millions now living will never die" and then accused them of changing that same expression in the yearly calendar that in Spanish translated as "millions now living might never die".

I bluntly wrote that it was because of these wishie-washie expressions and other half truths that so many members continue to leave.

It took them a good 3 months to write back.

When they finally answered they apologized, saying that the original manuscript didn't have such affirmative expression and that they had acted hastily and printed it in an affirmative manner.

It's interesting that they admitted a mistake that was supposedly obvious to them only when they ran out of time. Just like the UN deal. They only corrected their ways when they were found out.

And they call themselves the 'mouthpiece of God on earth'???!!! Give me a break!!!

DY

• minimus
    minimus

It was a very common practice years ago to write the Society and recieve letters from them. As a matter of fact in the 60's, I knew a man that was the Bible Study Servant that routinely wrote letters and then quizzed us as to what the Society's response would be. That went on for years until they told him to quit it and do more research or wait til the "slave" comes up with new info. Meanwhile they'll encourage you to spend your time preaching. That's what they told me in the 70's when I questioned their "heart" ideas as to whether it was literal or figurative. After not recieving any letter for a number of months, I sent another asking if they ever got the first one. They didn't like that and told me to "wait patiently on Jehovah" for the answer.

• Gadget

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit