Coffee really is magic

by john.prestor 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Coffee is a gift from the gods. It wakes me up in the morning and keeps my mind working in the afternoon. If I can't sleep at night a strong cup of coffee will put me right to sleep. Long live coffee. Still Totally ADD

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

A word from a Mormon apologist

a bare minimum of Word of Wisdom-related observances, specifically abstaining from tobacco, alcohol, coffee, tea, and drugs including illegal substances and the misuse of legal medicines (such as misusing painkillers).

The term ‘hot drinks’ has always been interpreted to mean coffee and tea, and serving them chilled does not make them ok, but the reason why they are called out and things like, say, Red Bull or caffeinated soft drinks aren’t is because the Word of Wisdom ISN’T a list of ‘don’ts’; it's a guiding principle about living healthily. It's meant to be internalized, not used to debate what substances should or should not be put on the naughty list.

However, the 5 substances listed above are most definitely on that naughty list to give us a baseline. While some people are stricter about their application of the Word of Wisdom than others, so long as you are abstaining from the listed substances, the rest of it is between you and the Lord.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit