Details on Files Kept in the Cong.

by Blueblades 46 Replies latest jw friends

• petespal2002
    petespal2002

I was told all that was recorded about my reproof was the date and names of Bros. on the JC. Also told my 'good name' was not in question. Go figure.

• scrubmaster
    scrubmaster

How long does a person have to be dfd before they can ask for re-instatement? How long before they can become MS, Pioneers and etc. I am sure there is some written rule about this, which I now is not in the bible.

• blondie
    blondie

Well, scrub, it depends on the elder body. I have heard of 6 months. I know someone who was re-instated after 8 months. The fact that 6 elders were into him deep financially, might have hade something to do with it. But someone else on here, may know of other unwritten rules.

Blondie

• scrubmaster
    scrubmaster

By the way -- I though the bible said a person should not keep account of injury and that Jehovah does not continually recall sins to mind -- therefore record keeping of sins would be going against Jehovah's word -- especially if it is going to be used in some possible future case against a person -- Jehovah did not remind David of his serious sin once he made other mistakes -- I wonder how Jehovahs feels about this ? Hum

• blondie
    blondie

God doesn't remember it, but the elders will, and others who loooooooooove to judge others.

Just remember this scripture, scrub.

James 2 (NIV) 13 because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment!

Blondie

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I'm especially interested in the European WT policy on that matter (because there is an European law preventing organisations to keep any personal data without the individual's consent). From the previous posts I understand that the only material remaining about a DF'd or DA'd is the sealed form in two copies, one at the Branch Office and the other in the local cong. But what is exactly written on this form, apart from the name of the person and the elders on the JC? Only Bible verses? Or a summary of the case?

I think there may be a little more. I've moved several times since I was DF'd (18 years ago), but still find JWs generally avoid my house. The only reason I can see is that I am on their "do-not-call" list, which would imply some "follow-up" activity from the Bethel (probably) with the help of my JW family). Suppose I try to associate with the local cong. just for fun: how long would they take to trace me back?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

blondie wrote:

Well, scrub, it depends on the elder body. I have heard of 6 months. I know someone who was re-instated after 8 months. The fact that 6 elders were into him deep financially, might have hade something to do with it. But someone else on here, may know of other unwritten rules.

I have heard again and again that one year is the unwritten rule; that if it is any shorter, they better have a good reason when the CO comes around.

In my hall, there is no regularity to this. My son made every meeting, literally, for 9 months and had to BEG for a meeting with them; they blew him off for 12 weeks. They are doing the same to another brother that is out, just not calling him back.

(By the way, they both suffer clinical depression; the elders know it too.

When I asked if they knew my son had clinical depression, they said, well, even he says he feels better when he studies and goes to meetings, and shrugged their shoulders.)

• blondie
    blondie

Pistoff, the CO was not happy but he said there wasn't anything he could do but chew the elders out. He couldn't reverse their decision. It is at the whim of the elders, and what's love got to do with it.

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

I was a PO and I was a Secretary for years. I never bothered destroying anything. Heck, we bought another file cabinet because we were running out of room.

• toreador
    toreador

Minumus, you was a BAD boy as a PO. Didn't you have any love for the brethen?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit