Blood

by smack 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smack
    smack

How do you bleed an oyster? How can a dub eat an oyster?

Steve

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Didn't the bible say we can only eat animals with split feet or hoofs or something?

Do oysters have hoofs?

• greven
    greven

Yes, it has been one of my points as well: we eat numerous unbled things: shrimps, fish, escargots etc etc. Oysters we even eat alive... so we really do not abstain from blood anyway...

Greven

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Never thought of that -- yes I eat all those things oysters, shrimp, escargot, fish etc . I once got conselled for eating deer meat that was not properly bled and everytime I have a very rare cooked prime rib in the company of a witness I get long stares -- but hell who cares -- they taste damn good!!!!!!

• Poztate
    Poztate

You ever try to cut the throat on a locust

• SheilaM
  • Surreptitious
    Surreptitious

Questions from Readers

?

Must fish be bled before they are eaten??U.S.A.

The Bible does not specifically mention the bleeding of fish. Only in the case of land animals or fowl do we read: "As for any man . . . who in hunting catches a wild beast or a fowl that may be eaten, he must in that case pour its blood out and cover it with dust."?Lev. 17:13.

Fish that were suitable for food according to the terms of the Mosaic law did not contain a quantity of blood sufficient to be poured out and covered with dust. Evidently for this reason the Law set forth no precise statement about bleeding fish.

There being no Scriptural stipulation to squeeze or soak meat to remove blood, no one is under obligation to take extreme measures to extract blood from fish. Of course, the blood of every sort of creature represents its life and is therefore sacred. So, if, on cutting a fish open, a person sees an accumulation of blood, he should remove it.

• Ron1968
    Ron1968

I don't have any comment about the fish, but I did love the nice juicy rare-prepared steak that I had last night. All that red just made it all the better!!

LOL

Ron

• Gopher
    Gopher

Don't you love it when the WTS uses phrases like "evidently" or "of course"??

Evidently for this reason the Law set forth no precise statement about bleeding fish.

So now they go back to technical points of the old Law! I thought the JW's said they lived by principles rather than by laws?

Of course, the blood of every sort of creature represents its life and is therefore sacred. So, if, on cutting a fish open, a person sees an accumulation of blood, he should remove it.

Straining the gnat here? They will go to great lengths to micromanage the lives of their followers, down to this detail. What an insult to one's intelligence.

• smack
    smack

but, pouring it on the ground and covering it with dust..........that never happens. All of the beast gets used, every part. And it seems to be "some" blood from "some" animals! Selective law making is great innit ;)

Steve

Tasmanian Overbeer (with a dozen oysters for christmas)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit