Coincidence - I think Not - Be Afraid

by pettygrudger 35 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

HS......no, no. That's not the type of art he means.

He's referring to the Robert Mapplethorpe type of art; stick a bullwhip in your arse, pose for a picture, and ask Congress for Federal Funds to support you type of art.

Lisa

Renoir Class

• NukePoet
    NukePoet

Try these programs if you even suspect a spy problem. theyre free and 100% effective. download then update before running a scan.

Spy Bot Search and destroy---> http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?lang=en&page=download

And for advanced users an anti hijack prog.----> http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/hijackthis.zip

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hey Pettygrudger, never hurts to 'sound the alarm' now and again, or give people a 'heads-up'!

One never knows, and if it is just a 'glitch', hopefully it'll be remedied soon, and hopefully, it won't happen again.

IF ...it is something more deviant, more sinister: GO GET'M

You have my blessing.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    That's not exactly a compliment in my industry.

rem: At least he's being honest and not calling himself a hacker/cracker.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Lisa,

He's referring to the Robert Mapplethorpe type of art; stick a bullwhip in your arse, pose for a picture, and ask Congress for Federal Funds to support you type of art.

lol....Too true. Glad that you are still alive and in your usual good humor. I do not get much time to read the Board these days, but I always look out for your posts.

Take care - HS

• Valis
    Valis
    Petty,

I'll show you a few things when I see you over the holidays.

Way to go Walter! *LOL*

Petty, there have been several instances where Yahoo IM has been vulnerable to what are called buffer overruns which can attack your userid when it logs in and generally cause a mess of things. I was going to ask...before you tried to login after those months did you do anything different? Maybe upgrade to a newer version or something?

Eman...the prob w.some spyware is that it can be removed or so you think, but you really have to do a couple things. First we would need to determine a couple things.

1. What spyware is it? Can you see it listed in Add/Remove Programs? CTRL ALT Del should bring up your taks list...see anything weird like programs w/just one or two letters present? If so try doing a search for files or folders with that name..for instance if you saw sl listed in task manager, do a search for files or folders and try to find sl.exe. Where did you find it if at all?

2. Go to System Information under Accessories then System Tools. Look under Software Environment. Then you should see Running Tasks...this is where you may need to do a little critical thinking...do you see stuff loaded there that doesn't appear to be from the Operating System or Porgrams you use often? Any odd path lines that maybe point to software running from My Documents or the Temp directory?

Lemme know what if anything you find and we can move on.

Many times what happens is that even if you delete the files the OS still contains a reference to the spyware in the registry and as soon as you reboot and get back online it downloads another copy of itself on to your machine. You have to kill the reference in the registry to make it go away.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit