Coincidence - I think Not - Be Afraid

by pettygrudger 35 Replies latest jw friends

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

So, for the last 2 months, I have NO access to my im's or my e-mails, without going directly to the server.

Tonight, amazingly enough, all my im's & e-mails seem to work - for the first time in 2+ months.

I IM a friend - and my name doesn't appear as my own - it appears as someone else [b]who posts on only on JWO that I know of[/b] and seems to have some serious issues with other people.

So, to the person who was using my computer - hope you got what you needed, cuz after I dump all this & reload - you won't get in again.

As far as the rest of you are concerned, be afraid - there are some screwed up people here that are playing some serious games.

To the one who did this - my computer is going directly to a "pro" - and if I find out who you were - lord have mercy on your soul. You DIRECTLY messed w/me and my family - and YOU WILL PAY - I promise you that. I dont make promises lightly.

• Sassy
    Sassy

OMGoodness Pettygrudger.. I can't believe that happened to you!!

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

If there are any computer "guru's" here - I'd like to talk to them.

The puter's going to the experts tommorrow - to find out exactly who's been doing what w/my systems. This wasn't a "ghost" - my stuff was actually being re-directed somewhere else & it took me forever to cancel the shit out & get it working right.

Just be careful - that's all I'm saying.

• Gadget
    Gadget

Sorry this has happened to you. The thing with computers is that if you know what your doing this sort of thing is too easy. If you read anything thats supposed to be from somebody, ake it with a pinch of salt.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Rhonda - A few months ago a good friend of mine had the same thing where someone else's name was appearing as his on his yahoo IM. I think it's probably just a Yahoo glitch - of which there are MANY.

edited to add:

Another glitch from many months ago on Yahoo. The "personalized" messages one can put next to their names ? Well, yahoo somehow had other people's personalized messages listed next to users other than to whom they belonged. This happened to several people I know of at the time.

Yahoo is very unstable. I wouldn't worry about it

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Rhonda,

You have a PM.

Walter

• morty
    morty

Rhonda,

so sorry you had to go through this....I would be very pissed myself if someone invaded me like this....I think you should maybe look into some kind of charge made...I dont know a hell of alot about computers, but to me, that is like stealing someones elses mail...In Canada this is a crime and charges can be laid....federal offence that is....

morty

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    As far as the rest of you are concerned, be afraid - there are some screwed up people here that are playing some serious games.

This is a serious allegation to be leveling without the proof you need to back it up. IN FACT- you may simply be dealing with a YAHOO GLITCH and it might be better to find out first before erroneously accusing others of something like this.

I just posted that the very same thing happened to someone else I know and he's a computer guy !! He wasn't the least bit concerned about it and he wrote it off as a YAHOO GLITCH. He just thought it was weird, that's all.

I use Yahoo and there are times when I don't get offline messages which were sent to me days earlier. And then- when I do get them- sometimes the order in which they appear on the screen in front of me is not the order they were typed in.

Yahoo is messed up. Would anyone here want to be accused of something as serious as hacking into someone else's computer without the necessary proof to back it up? I doubt it. Maybe it's best to reserve judgement until it's actually proven that someone's computer was actually hacked and then if so- who hacked it. Until then it's a baseless allegation.

• sf
    sf

Check these search hits out; as it HAS occured in the jw rooms on yahoo:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q=sc+keylogger+yahoo :

SC-KeyLog 2 - Reviews for SC-KeyLog 2 on SofoTex.com
    ... Pool Buddy Yahoo Auto Aimer for Yahoo Pool. ... SC-KeyLog 2, SC-KeyLog is a powerful,
    invisible keylogger that captures all users activity and saves it to ...
    www.sofotex.com/cgi-bin/ls/review.cgi?ID=4891 - 26k - Cached - Similar pages

Asiic Security Networks
    ... AOL email, Instant messager and chat Yahoo email, Instant messager and cha. ... SC-KeyLog2.exe.
    SC-KeyLog is a powerful, invisible keylogger that captures ...
    www.asiic.com/asiic/files/keyloggers/ - 50k - Cached - Similar pages

altalt
    alt
    alt
    alt
    alt
    alt
    alt
    alt
    alt
    alt
    alt
    Next

sKally

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

um, skally- what is all of that and what does it mean?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit