Churches helping neighbors instead of JW"s

by life is to short 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters
    Yes, and in the parable of the Good Samaritan who helped the man who was beaten and lying in the road -- if a Jehovah's Witness came across such a man, they would leave a tract or brochure beside him, while stepping over and around him to pass on by.
  • Lieu
    Lieu
    Meh, nothing new under the sun. JWs don't know the Greek word agape literally translates as charity; which was considered a form of love. And yeah, they erroneously think works means handing out literature because as posted above they skew the scriptures to fit their org agenda. Shame.
  • greenhornet
    greenhornet

I also had a bad windstorm last Tuesday. The city I live in had a power outage. The place was like North Korea.

Back during 911 in NYC the watchtower in Brooklyn locked the doors to the victims of the attack. They were also at "ground zero" handing out magazines. They are a joke. They do not help the local needs of our city.

life is to short perhaps we are neighbors?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I forgot about that on 9/11 the WT locked the doors on the victims of the attacks. Yet they were at 'Ground Zero'' handing out tracts and magazines left and right.

No, Nah. They never really help out victims of terror or natural disasters other than their ''own''.

While some of the non JW's really go over and above to help ''all'' the victims of natural disasters.

Example, about 5 years ago, there was an intense snowsquall in Ontario,Canada where perhaps hundreds of people were stranded on the highways. Locals took in most if not all of the people who were ''stranded'' until crews got the roads cleared.

I just could never see the JW's do that, but only for their ''own''.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Lieu...

According to research Barb Anderson has done, the trend apparently dates all the way back to Russel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit