LOL: just have share a convo I just had with my PIMI wife

by goingthruthemotions 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

So my wife and I just went on a walk, remember right now she has been listening to her convention. So she starts in with the world is getting bad and will end soon. what started it was we were talking about the economy and such.

She goes on about the system of things ending and the great tribulation starting. I said, I thought governments we suppose to say peace and security and the end will come. I then said that in 1986 the governments said Peace and security. But no end in sight. She said they didn't say that, I said ok do some research.

Well anyways she goes on and said the witness are the chosen religion. I said well we have the book "The finished Mystery" and according your beliefs Jesus read this book in 1914 and decided the witnesses were the true religion. She said no they didn't. I said do you research and also read the book " The finished Mystery".

well anyways we were walking more and she said that the true religion follows that bible. So I said, OK...where in the bible does it say that Jesus returned invisibly in 1914? she said we don't teach that. I said what??? really??? what?? huh??...I said maybe you should find out what you believe. I said type in the JW library " beliefs clarified" She said don't tell me what to research. I said you should look up what the Org teaches about Jesus return invisibly.

Wow, she is just an example of so many of them that really don't know the history or what they believe.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

You aint getting any tonight.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Oh BTW, I think my wife is an idiot!!!!!!!!!!! not because she is so close minded. But as the years have gone on I have come to know that he mental capabilty is extremely shunted. I can't have a meaningful conversation with her.

I sometime think I should get a divorce...but at this point it is cheaper to keep her. But she is a freaking idiot...she has gained alot of weight and blames me because I don't motivate her. WTF...ok....If you can't stop eating don't blame me.

Yes, I am sick of her B.S....But I am just venting. she has good qualities. I just don't know what they are right now because I think she is an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

It's ok......If i want to get some I could go someplace and get some without a problem.

• asp59
    asp59
    In reality, it's not wrong to tell her to do some research abouth what watchtower teaches. I mean she's probably publisher and tell others about her faith. She should know what's she's talking about then.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

why put up with it ? Life's too short.

• alanv
    alanv

Witnesses are no longer trained to answer questions about their religion. Its always, check out jwdotorg

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Ok Try this. Do some role playing. Say your an interested person and have her explain her beliefs using just the bible. And ask general borderline tough questions that a knowledgeable Christian would ask at the door. Such as Christians bore witness about Jesus. Not Jehovah. And Jehovah is a made up name by a Catholic monk. Etc etc.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

So she starts in with the world is getting bad and will end soon.

That's the propagation made the WTS leaders for decades now and it is false information because the fact is humanity over the centuries has gotten better, for example there are less wars, less famine there were greater plaques, more earthquakes etc. etc.

The problem with the JWS is that they take whatever the GB heads spout as being the actual unquestionable truth, this includes interpretation of bible scripture.

The truthful reality is usually something quite different, but one needs to be secular educated, but since most JWS are not well educated the ignorance circulates throughout the organization from the top down.

• S0ShowdidIgethere
    S0ShowdidIgethere

My husband says those same things to me almost every day, we see something...anything... on the news..."See, the world is just going to collapse soon...it can't carry on much longer...It can't sustain itself..."

One of the things he really goes on and on about is how corrupt the Catholic church is with all of it's pedofiles, and how he thinks that will be the end of Religion once it's exposed...He doesn't have a hint of the irony...or the pot calling the kettle black...

He was raised JW though...so it's possible he's done some research and then blocked it all out because he can't accept it...hard to know, and there's no way I can ask.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit