Those scary apostates outside conventions with banners and megaphones...

by dolphman 75 Replies latest jw friends

• greven
    greven
    I wonder how much it would cost to hire an advertising hoarding at a place where they hold the assemblies.......

voice over Mr Burns: iiiiiinteresting....

• churchofjehovah@yahoo.com
    [email protected]

Sometimes the screamers are Watchtower plants.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Ah yes, I was WAY afraid to look at them, like they had kryptonite or something! Too funny... Think about that mind control, they tell you that you can't even talk to apostates because their message is too alluring. Well if you have the so-called "truth" why would you be afraid of a little dissent or debate??

And yes, I too went to the Tacoma Dome for years. Good to know some of you live around here! I'm in Kent.

Gretchen

• Gadget
    Gadget
    Sometimes the screamers are Watchtower plants.

Hello again CoJ, have you any proof of that, or is it just your personal oppinion?

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief
    Sometimes the screamers are Watchtower plants

For the Watchtower to do that would require a level of operating finesse that I haven't seen them possess. While they are sort of corrupt - I don't believe that they actually have the time and money to train people in the kind of "doublethink" mentality required to do the exact opposite of what they do the rest of the time. They have a hard time maintaining loyalty as it is.

No, the simplest explanation actually works: These are people scarred by the Borg, enthused with their new religion, and voicing their opinions in accordance with their God-given right to publicly protest. They get a little excited and shout and scream as they work out their demons in a public forum.

CZAR

• gumby
    gumby

Personally I think heckaling a bunch of dubs is a bit white trashy. Did these people really think they would get any takers? Is there ONE person on this board who came out of dubdom as a result of these peoples efforts?

I think I could think of more intelligent ways to get a message to a dub than acting like a crazed Green Bay packer fan. I can see a born againer doing this stuff...... By that I mean those Charlie Manson type born againers.......they look spooky in their eyes.

Gumby

• badboy
    badboy

They have influenced some people.

• shotgun
    shotgun

I agree with some of the other posters that it does more harm than good, at least for the dubs going to the convention. It helps quantify their belief that they are a persecuted people due to their true beliefs and rightous stand.

It also helps them teach children that apostates are evil, see how they try to disrupt this wonderful association of brothers and sisters. After saying all that I think I need to puke, I've heard it many times over the years.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

We would always get hammered about how none of us children would want to grow up angry and spiteful like those apostates would we?? I know I didn't want to grow up like anyone I knew but I sure didn't want to be an apostate.

Now I-R-1

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief
    We would always get hammered

I heard that! *hic*

CZAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit