Are Bethelites Buying and Preparing their own Food?

by TakeOffTheCrown 37 Replies latest jw friends

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

@TakeOffTheCrown It's really funny (strange funny) that photos of the inside of a model apartments/quarters are shown, but visitors are told when touring Warwick not to take pics of the outside of the residence buildings. All other sites and scenery can get a snapshot--but the residence buildings (with the small/tiny balconies)=> absolutely not! Makes one think how paranoid the GB is (like they have something to hide!).

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

The GB doesn't want anyone seeing their beautiful apartment over looking the beautiful lake. They know they live high off the hog but just don't want any rumblings going on about them. They have enough bad press. The natives are getting restless. Lol

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

@toesup I gotta agree with your point; especially since the child abuse cases and the real estate sale of Brooklyn: makes people suspicious (and rightfully so) where all of those "donations" actually went to. . . . . . . . . .

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

And the corporate downsizing continues... :smirk:

• Listener
    Listener

Given the difficulty that gated communities have in stopping JWs from preaching within their grounds, I wonder what would happen if preachers wanted to knock on the doors of the Bethelites residents? Maybe the vast apostate army could test it out as part of their campaign.

Requesting visitors not to take photos of the outside of their residence is not surprising. They have balconies and at some time or another they are likely to be used. They wouldn't want outsiders to be able to identify who lives where. With the quality of cameras these days, it may also be possible to zoom into the units and see what is going on.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I have a family member in Bethel in a non-US location, and they have a kitchenette and prepare their own breakfast and lunch, I believe. But the food is provided for them, they just have to go pick it up. I think the arrangements differ between countries.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

Hey I’m looking for the video that was posted of Samuel herd announcing all the cuts then ended with that hilarious mic drop as he exited the stage

Anyone have a link to that?

also looking for a much older video I believe about 1975 where the speaker, I believe a DO said “let me put my notes aside” and then began to pontificate about his thoughts on the end

anyone remember that talk or have a link?

• asp59
    asp59

Going back and reading cut backs in bethel years ago. Comes clear organization has been being dismantled for years now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit