The Reasons for Cart Witnessing

by Simon 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

Good point joe. I have seen many a youtube video in which ex-JWs have confronted JWs in public. One outcome could be that JWs become even better at "switching off" from ex-JWs and/or view it as expected "persecution".

• MrExJW
    MrExJW

I agree with SIMON 100%.

I have to say I felt that way when I was still and Elder.

I was a school overseer and was getting very disturbed by the way ALL training on teaching was being eliminated.

Carts are the OPIUM for the publishers.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    it’s a lot harder to get away from an apostate in a train station that what it is to write them down as a DNC.

Yup, and harder to get away in general. Before, at the door they would simply say "Ok, well have a nice day" if they didn't like the convo, and walk away.

On carts, it's harder, they actually have to pack their shit to move. This is why on some of those Youtube videos you see JWs who stand there while they are being berated and questioned by apostates.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

In the door to door ministry a publisher/pioneer/elder gets to pick his fights so to speak. He/she has the freedom to move on to the next door...unscathed whenever inclined.

Not so in public & manning a literature cart...way too many a JW has been pummeled relentlessly...day after day about pedophilia issues; the ARC & Jackson's embarrassing performance; the U.N. membership awkwardness and the stupidity of WT's 'too many to count' rules, doctrines and teachings that make absolutely no sense.

So yah...what was WT thinking when they instituted this unproductive form of public witnessing? As important...what are they thinking in terms of how to cleverly & tactfully terminate it without it looking like another of their long list of failures?

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

I've seen them in downtown Ann Arbor and in a little town south of that (Saline). I've been thinking of getting my own cart.....

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

This is NO BRAINER Evangelizing: The GB THINKS 4 the R&F--so they won't/don't HAVE TO!!!!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SIMON:

I agree with everybody’s reasons.

Also, the door-to-door work is or was the Witness religion’s trademark. It’s their claim to fame and has even been fodder for comedians and worked into tv plots, etc.

But, they don’t do much of it anymore. As DOZY mentioned, the cart work allows them to have the visibility the door-to-door work gave them, IMO.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    redvip2000 - "The drawback of the carts is that it now they are easy targets for apostates."

The WT leadership probably- at first - thought it would help reinforce the persecution complex.

Ten bucks says they never anticipated the carters encountering "apostates" who didn't fit their carefully-crafted stereotype (otherwise known as batshit crazy).

Of course, convincing themselves that said stereotype was accurate was probably very easy.

:smirk:

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

The most efficient way of recruiting for many decades already has been informal witnessing ... exchanging door-to-door witnessing by carts on the street isn’t designed to make witnessing more effective, because it’s just as ineffective. But it makes life a lot easier for Witnesses and is a bond reinforcer when they meet up on the street and hang out around the cart (because, frankly, nobody else does).

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

To make some priviledged JWs feel like cherubs, keeping the admittance to the paradise exclusively for those fulfilling specific requirements :

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit