The Reasons for Cart Witnessing

by Simon 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dagney
    Dagney

Oh it's brilliant.

And they sell it as a privilege to be able to use a cart. The org can keep the "preaching" hours up for the stats, adherents can finally be excited about the "ministry" (not) again...win win all around!

It's pretty swell.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_Ikf6zVSrY

Maybe they should try this so they can show their "award winning" videos.

Didn't they use to walk around with billboards announcing that religion is a snare and a racquet? Now they themselves are the snare and a racquet. Personally when I see walking ads or a blow up doll whaling its arms wildly, I am not influenced in any way to approach that product, maybe backing away and avoiding the idea being promoted.

• minimus
    minimus

I don’t know how brilliant it is. It violates every concept of preaching and teaching. Christ told his disciples to preach and teach . Standing like a doofus attached to a cart isn’t very becoming to me. But hey, that’s just me!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Maybe the WTS doesn't really want its public representatives to do a lot of talking to people, rather have the literature do the preaching instead. ???

When people talk and ask pertinent questions, one the most common questions that might appear is how come the WTS has been preaching that Armageddon is just around the corner for decades and it didn't appear.

Some inquisitive people might actually research the WTS/JWS and see that it was preaching the end is just around the corner back in the late 1800's.

The fact which thinking people would conclude is that the WTS is preaching a tainted commercialized version of the Gospel of Jesus Christ strategically devised by the Watchtower Publishing house, an actual sin against god described through Scripture.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Simon ... I totally agree.

Down here in South Florida we put the carts around places where few if any people walk by. I think it is by design. Brothers "working" the carts are just sitting there texting or doing video games. If you ask anyone under 40 a tough question related to some teaching, you will get a blank stare and they will direct you to the JW website.

Rub a Dub

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Like many other endeavor WT related that peeters-out...me sees the day real soon when Mother sends out a WTB&T Society Letterhead announcement to the effect:

"This letter is to inform all congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses that the Governing Body feels that the cart witnessing work while blessed by Jehovah, has achieved its intended purpose and will therefore be terminated beginning this next service year. Any publisher in good standing who would like to procure a witnessing cart as a memento can donate $50 to the Worldwide Work."

• blondie
    blondie

I will have to say that as a publisher and a regular pioneer, people of a group of 4 in a car, would chat, gossip, drink coffee and have snacks, work territory where no one was ever home, stopping after 45 minutes for a break which took an hour or more because they would order breakfast. After that they would make one return visit on the way back to the KH.

• steve2
    steve2

A relatively new way for “exemplary” JWs to waste time. I have heard of no new recruits from this passive public endeavour. I hear posters say they see JWs “everywhere” with their carts. Those posters are obviously not in New Zealand where you will be hard pressed to see them at all - and on the rare occasions I do see them, they do not stay long before disappearing (and that’s not because they’re confronted by anyone).

• blondie
    blondie

steve2, probably bored to death or it's raining or darn cold outside. Probably went to the local jw coffee hangout for an hour or two and still count by leaving a leaflet with the waitperson.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

After relocating to another city in March of this year, I have yet to see an apathy cart anywhere. They must indeed be targeting inconspicuous locations!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit