Alex Jones, Infowars Ban on Youtube, FB and other platforms

by pleaseresearch 97 Replies latest social current

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

What are you thoughts on this?

I find this alarming because Jones was very outspoken and had great guests on discussing topics most other media outlets wouldn't go near.

The fact that many have restricted him access to their medium what does this say on our freedoms of speech?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

From what I gather, in addition to insane satanic conspiracies, he also accused public people of crimes such as murder with abandon. I wouldn’t host him if it was my choice. Why should YouTube? They’re under no obligation to host anyone. Their decision to ban him says nothing about freedom of speech. They were more cautious and deliberative about it than they need have been.

What would it say about freedom of speech if youtube was compelled to host someone who slanders people regularly?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

If Alex Jones was banned from YouTube for slander, then fine.

But there must be consistency, across the board.

There are lots of videos of Iranian and Saudi clerics slandering Jews.

There are Black Lives Matter supporters who upload videos of themselves saying all white people are racist. This is slander.

Contemporary feminists note the fact that aggregate male earnings is more than aggregate female earnings, and call this sexist. This is slander.

Hillary Clinton called half of all Trump supporters (c. 25% of the US electorate) a basket of deplorables made up of bigots.

YouTube should ban all these and more.

#It'sAllOkOrNoneOfIt'sOk

#YouCannotHaveYourCakeAndEatIt

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

The first amendment guarantees that the government will not inhibit free speech. It does not guarantee whether or not anyone else will. If whoever runs YouTube chooses to ban something, they have every right to do so because it is their platform, not the government's.

• atomant
    atomant

What it means is RIP for freedom of speech. it wasn't just you tube it was a coordinated shut down of jones by spotify apple and face book and you tube.Whos next?

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

The issue I have is that it was obviously a coordinated effort by different monopolies to silence someone they disagreed with.

It’s not a first amendment issue, but it flies in the face of the principle of free speech.

The first amendment only protects you against government action.

But the principle of free speech goes beyond government action. These monopolies have shown that they don’t support liberty, but love authoritarian actions.

Put the shoe on the other foot. What if Tim Cook was a conservative and decided to ban MSNBC from their platform? How would you feel about it then?

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

He is a dangerous lier that many people are hoodwinked by.
    He helps justify the inner belief of people who already have a 'victim" mentality and not can blame it on the gov.

How many years of "the gov making millions of black plastic coffins for when the UN comes and kills 1/2 the country.

I have known more than a few JW who love him because it feeds into the Great Trib idea.

He is a sick man who should be put down.

I guess some people here feel that Gerbils should have had his speech protected - I imagine.

• JRK
    JRK

It has to be the Deep State. It couldn't just be that Alex Jones is a hateful prick. Yeah, it must be a Deep State conspiracy!

Sheesh.

JK

• Giordano
    Giordano

Free speech believe it or not does not include Screaming Fire ! Fire! in a crowded Theater.

Believe it or not Alex Jones is now facing the results of that "fire'.

Lets review:

Sandy Hook:

(CNN)A defamation lawsuit has been filed against broadcaster Alex Jones, along with some of his associates, for saying the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, was fake.

"Jones is the chief amplifier for a group that has worked in concert to create and propagate loathsome, false narratives about the Sandy Hook shooting and its victims, and promote their harassment and abuse," the lawsuit states. There are also six companies named in the suit, including various entities related to Jones' InfoWars website.
    Twenty children and six adults were killed in the December 14, 2012, attack by 20-year-old Adam Lanza.
    The legal complaint says Jones does not believe the shooting was a hoax, but nevertheless he has repeatedly accused Sandy Hook families of faking their family members' deaths.

"The Jones defendants concoct elaborate and false paranoia-tinged conspiracy theories because it moves product and they make money," the suit alleges. "Not because they truly believe what they are saying, but rather because it increases profits."
    Now this alone would be enough........ but his business is to present fake conspiracy stories the way Trump is the master of fake news .
    I count four of you so far who buy into the Jones bullshit I expect 4 plus dislikes which I will wear as a badge of honor and of respect for truth.
    Do note I have backed up my post with real sources not pie in the sky.
  • jp1692
    jp1692

Free speech is a public right, not a private one.

Private social media platforms do not have to allow anyone and everyone a stage or a microphone. Alex Jones can go to the local public square and spout his nonsense. Anyone that wants to listen, can.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit