MN JW Jordan Knox goes missing

by Nathan Natas 15 Replies latest social current

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS is more lenient about funerals for JW suicides. I went to one at a funeral home for a DF'd JW and over 150 people were there. This guy isn't DF'd so I expect there might be more depending on family and congregation size.

Blondie

• myself
    myself
    The WTS is more lenient about funerals for JW suicides.

I hope so. It is hard enough to deal with such a loss, no one needs the judgemental baggage that used to follow.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    On Friday, about 40 people searched a wooded area behind Knox's church, Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses.

How many of those people were there for him when he was alive? Did any of them befriend him, talk to him, ask him out to dinner, really CARE about how he was feeling? Poor fellow, he is out of whatever pain he had, but I'm very sorry he felt that was the only way.

Nina

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Good friend was involved with this search; as of sunday PM he did not know the cause of death. Very shook up.

So sad.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

I have always been of the opinion that the funeral is more for the family of the dead than just to show respect for the person that died.

So hopefully, if it really was a suicide the other JWs will see it that way and attend, and support his family through this. Its too bad.

• jworld
    jworld

This story came up in a conversation just a few days ago and I thought I had seen it posted on here. I could not believe this happened 8 years ago already.

It’s such a sad story. The person I was talking to wondered if Jordan has been gay. Interestingly, a married brother in the congregation about the same age as Jordan went into a severe depression because of this event. I had to wonder if they were just close friends or something more. These types of stories seem so common among gay JW’s.

The person I was talking to brought this story up because of what was written in the latest Watchtower about true Christians not being homophobic. I said if only that were true! JW's love to set gay people up for failure with comments that it can be cured by prayer and more service to the Watchtower. When that obviously doesn't work people are left with severe depressions that can easily lead to suicide. I feel bad for the gay JW that sticks with this organization. I have yet to meet one that has a happy life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit