The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few...

by logansrun 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Bradley... you belong in the 1960's, you really do. Well at least until your next enthusiasm comes along.

(And yes, I am a liberal and an idealist. I just think that we have to acheive our ideals by pragmatic means.)

• logansrun
    logansrun

Euph,

You've answered your own question:

Now, I think that most economists would agree that a) the deficits that result from low taxes can hurt the economy in the long run, and b) the benefits of tax reduction go disproportionately to the wealthy. (Whether that's a good or a bad thing is a matter of ethics, not economics, of course.)

Combine ethics with economics. Plain and simple.

Need I mention the "percolating-up" theory to economics? That tax breaks for the poor and higher wages will put money in their pockets for them to invest in corporations? It's the reverse of the "supply-side" mantra.

And...the cash for votes thing. Must be stopped.

Brad

• Big Tex
  • logansrun
    logansrun

Euph,

I'm all with you on the "practical" side of this. This will take time. But...think of this...one more person, namely myself, has awoken to this political nightmare we call the United Corporations of America.

Yes I'm being propagandistic.

Yes, it's fun.

Yes, I think it's mostly true

Bradley

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    Need I mention the "percolating-up" theory to economics? That tax breaks for the poor and higher wages will put money in their pockets for them to invest in corporations? It's the reverse of the "supply-side" mantra.

Very funny, Bradley. The problem, of course, is that the rich invest a much higher percentage of their income than the poor (or even the middle-class). So a tax break to the rich will result in a much greater increase in investment than a tax break to the poor.

Of course, the flip side of investment is consumption. A tax break to the poor would increase consumption, which also stimulates the economy. That would be the demand-side argument, the real opposite of supply-side.

Anyway, enjoy your propaganda. If you haven't really felt passionate about politics before, then I have to agree, it's a lot of fun.

• logansrun
  • logansrun
    logansrun

Here's my stupid question for the day: Who says that a busting at the seams economy is the most important thing to consider when it comes to politics anyway?

If we have to have a smaller economy to have fairness....fine. So be it.

B.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Flat Tax...

• Satanus
    Satanus

Stacey

Your racism has been downloaded into you without you noticing. It's the media Bagdad is a city about the size of chicago. It had running water, electricity with air conditioned houses, etc. Iraq had it's own nuclear program for a while, with iraqis, no less. Iraq was/is one of the secular arab countries. Saddam pushed education for all, including women.

At first the usa was using all american for services and rebuilding, however, according to a bbc report (http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/mpapps/pagetools/print/news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3176934.stm), as of october, bechtel was using up to 70% local subcontractors. Bechtel says they work good and know what quality is.

Ok, i'm done.

SS

• logansrun
    logansrun

Tax the rich,

Feed the poor,

Till there are no,

Rich no more.

Bradley

Okay...okay....I don't really buy that en toto....but, there is an element of truth to it. I don't mind the rich...I just don't care for ostentatiousness and greed. And the "cash for votes" thing...MUST BE STOPPED!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit