The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few...

by logansrun 53 Replies latest jw friends

• logansrun
    logansrun

funkyderek,

I don't buy the "I have the right to do whatever I damn well want with my millions $$" Nope. Ain't gunna buy it.

Justice is fairness.

Bradley

• logansrun
    logansrun

Euph,

I'm in favor of fairness. Right now, we don't have it.

I sound like a simpleton? Good! It's a simple solution! End the practice of corp's and the super-rich buying out Washington. End the greed by making it's manifestations illegal. That's all.

Bradley

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    Careful, your racism is showing.
    You don't know what the hell you're talking about.

So I'm a racist and don't know what I'm talking about?

Typical response from you guys. I certainly am not a racist and claiming there aren't qualifed contractors in a nation doesn't mean they are less than human or that Americans are better as humans. It means they simply aren't qualified.

And Brad, I certainly do know what I'm talking about in this area. You read a book, congratulations.

You've convinced me that my opinion is worth shit around here. I'm totally convinced.

[deleted] idiots

• logansrun
    logansrun

BTW...

They said Ghandi was a simpleton. "India cannot rule herself..."

People scoffed at the "experiment" of the United States in 1787.

"Slavery helps the negroe"....so said plantation owners.

If people scoff at "liberal" ideas....well....that basically means nothing. Their scoffing is one of two things: 1) an excuse not to get involved or 2) an excuse to be greedy.

And don't even get me started on Iraq!

B.

• logansrun
    logansrun

I didn't say that your opinion was worth shit around here, Stacey. Just the opinions you've been duped into believing.

Bradley of the "Dem's fightin' words" class

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Okay, I've spent two threads arguing with Stacy... I think it's time I came in on her side for once, even if I don't actually agree with her politics.

It is not simple, Brad. People have been trying campaign finance reform for years. Heck, people have been trying campaign finance reform since the Populist movement of the early 1900's! Sure it's a great idea. And absolutely, I support it. But money is like a rushing river. If your dam has any cracks in it, it will find its way through.

As far as Iraq... Hussein seems to have managed a good number of construction and public works projects before Desert Storm. In fact, even afterwards, he continued to build palaces and mosques. So off-hand, I would question the idea that there aren't any qualified contractors in Iraq.

But... I definitely don't believe that the idea is racist. If a nation has been economically stagnating under a totalitarian regime and international sanctions for the last decade, it may very well lack important capabilities. And that is simply an economic and physical fact... it has nothing to do with ethnicity. Try bombing the hell out of the United States, and see how many independent contractors we have left over.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Will you guys please get back on topic? Star Trek 2... Wrath of Kahn....

• logansrun
    logansrun

Euph,

But money is like a rushing river. If your dam has any cracks in it, it will find its way through.

FIX THE CRACKS!!! Simple.

Now, I think it will take time. It will be a slow revolution, an Open Conspiracy. But, don't give up so easily.

We have a country where over half the people don't even vote. Stage 1 of the Open Conspiracy will be to change that.

Bradley

**I know, I know....I'm talking a little "wild" here. But...it's fun. Plus....I actually DO believe it is possible

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Oh, and as far as taxes... there is some theory behind supply-side economics. Reducing taxes does increase investment, which does create more jobs, which does help lower-income individuals.

Now, I think that most economists would agree that a) the deficits that result from low taxes can hurt the economy in the long run, and b) the benefits of tax reduction go disproportionately to the wealthy. (Whether that's a good or a bad thing is a matter of ethics, not economics, of course.)

But, you can't simply dismiss supply side economics without at least presenting some argument to show that it's wrong. "You've been duped" is not an argument. It's exactly what the WTS says to non-Witnesses.

• logansrun
    logansrun

LMAO @ Watson

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit