No pension no preparation for retirement

by Mikejw 96 Replies latest jw friends

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

A lot of my ex fellow servants must be now in their seventies, what can you do?. No children no money no home. It is so sad.

So many decided not to have children as the end was right around the corner and that was decades ago

no Education no proper career just be a cleaner or something as the end is right around the corner

no pension or insurance and definitely no investments

now theses ones are regretting listening to the cunning men who deceived them saying we are in the finial part of the final part of last days

• Gorb
    Gorb

And you?!?

G.

• joao
    joao

Very sad indeed...

• Chezdale
    Chezdale

Keep you chin up Mikejw. Try to look at it this way…

You didn’t do anything wrong.

You are still living.

Pat yourself on the back and carry on, YOU, have brought yourself this far. Nobody

else did it. You did it. At least respect that part of your self.

Also consider this: You we’re conned. That is not your fault. You have just been

through a lifetime of incredible learning experiences, upon which you have a very solid platform to base yourself.

Appreciate that. Take time, and acknowledge that the great tribulation could actually be

a spiritual thing. (Not an experience up in an attic - nor down in a bunker).

If that is the case then you have been through the GT!

If you’re in your ‘70s just smile and be thankful that you have already been through one

massive storm and come out better for it. Sit back now and be an observer.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

When I was a young fella in August 1975, I started my private Pension, thinking the State Pension here in the U.K would not be sufficient. I was right, though being a J.W, I really did not expect to draw any pension from any source.

Remember, the End of the World, Armageddon and the New Order were all supposed to kick off in October '75.

As a serving M.S I was criticised by some Elders, lack of faith and all that, but I said "If I do not draw a pension, then great, but if I have to, I have one".

I realise now I did not have any faith in the words of those men who ruined so many lives with their Bullshit. Thankfully.

• skin
    skin

I know witnesses who preached that the end is so close that any JW who has a retirement savings in place, then they don't have faith in Jehovah's promises, and that the end will clearly happen within 10 years. That was 30 years ago now. Out of those ones that are still alive, they now deny ever saying that, and you guessed it. They are still telling us the the end is so close.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

The prodigal son was ok. Dad looked after him. Likewise if the penny drops with any of them that they are eating the proverbial pig food and decide to leave, for the right reasons they'll be ok. If they stay in it'll be a different matter. You really do have to leave WT for life to radically improve.

One thought - if someone chooses to spill the beans of what they know, there might be a living in it. But maybe even that will not be required. Its funny how well things work out sometimes when you do the best you know to do the right thing. You cannot always second guess what is going to happen.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Meanwhile, the paedophile protectors or governing Body(tm), as they like to be called, are living like kings.

• Smiles
    Smiles
    A loyal lifelong bethelite might enjoy the perk of dieing in hospice at one of bethel hospice homes, as Fishkill NY, if they are not first "reassigned" to age out and die in a sponsor congregation somewhere disappointing.
  • Mikejw
    Mikejw
    Smiles2 minutes ago
    A loyal lifelong bethelite might enjoy the perk of dieing in hospice at one of bethel hospice homes, as Fishkill NY, if they are not first "reassigned" to age out and die in a sponsor congregation somewhere disappointing.

/
    there has now been a big change kicking out older ones before they get so old that they need full time care

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit