Is My Wife Awakening?

by My Name is of No Consequence 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

MNIONC wrote: ... she started talking about how former Bethelites are coming back disgruntled and how pioneers are dismayed because no one is helping them within the congregation.

How does she know about this and the other issues you cited?

That specific list is so easily found on xjw discussion sites, not likely discussed in the car while on way to territory for field service.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

We might be on to something.

Yesterday, she started talking about how she can’t stand some of the witnesses. She even took shots at some of the elders and how they are able to get away with almost everything. Several years ago, we got some grief (indirectly) for allowing our son to participate in school clubs and sports. There was even a local needs part about it. Now there are elders who are doing the same thing with their children.

I just told her that certain people can do whatever they want and not have to worry about negative consequences. This happens everywhere. These things are CLEARLY on her mind, but I’m taking it slow. At this point, I’m just glad to be having a positive conversation with her.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

@ AudeSapere:

“How does she know about this and the other issues you cited?”

I think she is just picking up on it. She overhears conversations at the meetings and in field service. The general mood of the flock is not good right now and it is easy to notice.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

ps: To me the Cog Dis, CD, look is like a crabby thinking look. Like the person is putting together a puzzle and figuring out half the pieces are missing even though their trusted mentor continually tells them that they are all there.

Yes! This is the look my husband gets when I do the seed planting using examples of stuff ( not the JWs being mentioned) and he agrees with me ....until... he goes quiet with "that look". The CD look. Exactly.

• never a jw
    never a jw

"but when you're trapped within the org, intelligence doesn't really matter"

You are wrong, it matters. You are one lucky apostate.

• carla
    carla

I am hoping for the best for you & your wife! hope she finds her way out.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

I dunno...I think AudeSapere might be on to something.

She seems to be ticking off all the PIMO/POMO "greatest hits" issues way too easily. The only way I'd imagine a JW would be able to notice ALL those topics is to be plugged in here, Reddit, or some other similar forum.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I wish you all the best with your wife MnIOnC ,and hopefully she will see the TTATT and leave with you or at least be on the same page as you.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

MNIONC wrote: I think she is just picking up on it. She overhears conversations at the meetings and in field service. The general mood of the flock is not good right now and it is easy to notice.

I suppose it's *possible* that all those things could be talked about at meeting and service, but really seems unlikely. At respectful_observer said, the topics you cited are a "Greatest Hits" list of people who have already woken up. You might consider gently and casually asking your wife what made her think of x-topic next time she brings it up.

Sounds like she either has a friend who is searching the internet or your wife is.

But I really have a hard believing these topics are happening while in car group for service.

Just a feeling...

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It's far better to encourage her to voice her negative opinions than for you to offer yours.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit