International Freedom Fest going strong

by Mulan 114 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

Hey y'll!

Weather's great..........and warm. So we're all inside at the moment. Kim Norris (famous attorney) was here also, taking notes, being politically correct - and quite nice too. Others who we've never seen on any forum are here.

It's been a great group - ranging anywhere from 55 - 65 people. It's now Sunday afternoon - and "what's left of our group" is just luggin' on the couch etc. Too much food, drink & desserts.

Mr & Mrs. Belmont (poster) are here from England area. Very lovely couple with the same ol' crappy WT experience as the vast majority of us.

It's been great in all ways. Cruzenheart takes wonderful pictures!

Thanks to Joy & Steve for allowing us to flop in the resort home!

waiting

• think41self
    think41self

Hi everyone!

My son and I arrived home around 7 this evening, and we are wiped out! Too much sun and fun.

Joy and Steve are the MOST gracious hostess and host ever, they make everyone feel welcome and comfortable. We had an amazing time, meeting the British invasion made the 9 hour drive totally worthwhile. Everyone in their costumes Friday night was something to see. I did NOT recognize Eman. When he came out in costume, makeup and all I had to ask...."Who are you?" And he leaned over and said in his deep voice...."Well hello Tracy". It was creepy, like Hannibal Lecter or something.

It was sad to leave this morning, but so many new people were introduced, and some old friends caught up with....I wish I was still there. Give everyone there a hug from me!!!!!

P.S. I need to see pics of everyone in costume....where are they????

Tracy

• Matty
    Matty

Hey Tracy!

Me and Spice just got back too, and we are similarly wiped out! What a great weekend - absolutely unforgettable! I can?t thank Joy and Steve enough for being such wonderful hosts, I really can?t!

• myself
    myself

Myself and family are all back home safe too. Joy and Steve we had a wonderful time and want to thank you again. It was nice to see those I have met again, and to meet the others we haven't had the opportunity until now.

(((((((((((hugs to all)))))))))))

Karla

• think41self
    think41self

Hey back at you Matty!

It was great meeting you, and good luck with your future plans!!!

"waving at Karla" Nice meeting you too, I hope next time to get to talk with you a little more...there were just so many people there...so little time.

Tracy

• myself
    myself
    there were just so many people there...so little time.

* waving back at Tracy

I was glad to have met you too, ( I agree...way too little time), can't wait for the next opportunity. I am glad there were so many, I had the chance to see everyone even if it was for a short time.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

*waking up from my daze*

what? there was people here????

lol, I had a wonderful time and glad that everyone is letting me know they made it home ok. *whew* what fun we had, but I agree, it was hard to get around to everyone for any length of time. But I am really going through "empty nest syndrome"!

hugs to all!

j2bf

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

gee whiz joy I had no idea you had a great get together.

I must have missed the posting, and with me not feeling so great these days I find that indeed that was the case. It looks like you had a fantastic time with so many friends there.

I would have come, but like me said I just didn't know about it. Next time for sure...

So nice that Simon and Anagard and Eman and HerLadyShip came over from England. What a blast.

I hope we have one here in the Toronto area. Morton you made mention of it. Well I love you all and glad the weather was perfecto. And that Halloween party sounded great.

Please take care Joy and Steve and love to you both.

Orangefatcat...

• Englishman
    Englishman

We're home!

From Steve and Joy's we drove 6 hours to Orlando. Then a flight to Detroit. On to London where number 3 son picked us up. 26 hours in all.

Steve and Joy, youir hospitality has left us absolutely glowing. Then all the people that we met, 30+ at your home and a similar number at Andy's Motel. Thank you!!!

And as for the 36 (in total) oysters we each consumed........!

Englishman.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

((((Eman & HL)))))

glad you made it home and can get some rest before starting back to work!!

We LOVED having you. Now I've got all these red, white & blue flags all over our home. hehe The British invasion lives on.

Hugs,

j2bf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit