HOMEWORK AND KIDS?

by morty 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Emma
    Emma

I have a friend in grad school who said college was a piece of cake compared to high school. It seems to vary greatly; when my daughter was in sixth grade, it was not unusual for her to have three to four hours of homework which is way out of line in my opinion. On the other hand, I was disappointed that the high school didn't seem to expect enough. I agree that more teaching should be done IN school; kids need a life outside of academics to be healthy.

• Valis
    Valis

The other problem is that along with the paperwork they have to do more and more the in school cirriculum is geared towards testing and the competency of the overall school. Versus say the enrichment and mental progress of the individual student. This leads to the students doing "the extra" at home.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• missylissy
    missylissy

I am 15, and i DO think that we have too much homework. we go to school, what, 6? 7? hours a days, to go learn and work, if we're doing that, we shouldnt have to bring it home too.

besides, its soo boring! lol

-missy

• ChimChim
    ChimChim
    Whenever I try to help my daughter with her work,she gets fusturated because I'm not doing it the same way as the teachers.I agree with there being too much cutbacks but I know its not easy trying to play teacher at home. There is so many times my daughter would bring home work,and she didn't have a clue what to do. I asked her if the teacher explained it to her.Her reply was,"no". I had to look at it myself and try to explaine it to her and how it was to be done.

Yah, I never used to have a clue, but since I am repeating a grade, I do alot better and I finish practically all my work in school. But b4 I do remember my mom trying to help me out and I would freak out cuz thats not how they explained it in school then I would get more confused, and just give up. I always did bad from grade 7 till 9, but since im repeating grade 9 I'm getting A's and 81% on my math test. Awww yeah!

~*!ChimChim-Waffle-Tush!*~

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Our provincial curriculum for grade and high school is very intense and quite sophisticated therefore

some has to come home.

I allow 1hour of homework a day. When the hour is up homework is put away.

So far it has worked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit