Edward N. Davis (Elder) Sentenced for Sexual Abuse

by Gerard 45 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Let's hope the inmates make his pathetic 90 days feel like 8 years.....

He'll probably be out in FS tomorrow morning......

Better yet.....let's all wait on Jehovah to take care of it!

Remember the Catholic priest, Geoghan? Sometimes "justice" comes in strange ways....

• luna
    luna

There was an elder in my old hall....ended up that he'd been molesting his two daughters for a long while. The older daughter let the cat out of the bag when she realized he was molesting the younger one as well.

He was arrested, however, he was NOT DISFELLOWSHIPPED! He was made to step down as an elder, but they only reproved him. The daughters got a restraining order on him, and his wife divorced him.

But, in true, "loving congregation" actions, the two daughters were told to deal with it if he managed to "just happen" show up at a meeting on our side of the hall. (Ideally, he was supposed to attend meetings at the other side, to respect the restraining order, etc). Of course, that didn't happen, and not one elder stepped in to stop him from coming to our side, and undoubtably making the two girls' lives hell.

The "brother" is now back in full standing, and WELCOMED INTO PEOPLE'S HOMES with OPEN ARMS, AROUND THEIR SMALL CHILDREN!!! While, the wife is basically shunned, and the two daughters have had really difficult lives. The younger ended up leaving the Org., but she's really self-destructive.

This type of thing happens all the time. It's unforgivable that people like these particular elders are let back into people's lives, like they have done NOTHING wrong, because, hey, JEHOVAH forgave him. He won't hurt another kid NOW....

• blondie
    blondie

Continuing Information--a good example of how abusers minimize their actions.

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/news-story.asp?date=101903&ID=s1426897

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Blondie, that link didn't work - it requires registration. Could you do a copy n paste of the article? Please? Pretty please?

• blondie
    blondie

http://silentlambs.org/newsletter/NewsLetterItem.cfm?SendoutID=148

I'm having a hard time getting it to post. This URL will take you to the information while I try to post the text here.

Spokane Spokesman Review

Sunday, October 19, 2003

Former church leader admits molestation

Nina Culver - Staff writer

Edward N. Davis, a former Spokane Valley Jehovah's Witness elder who pleaded guilty to a single charge of abusing a girl in his congregation, denies allegations that the abuse started when the girl was 10.

According to court documents, the victim told police that Davis molested her several times beginning when she was 10 and spanning eight years.

Davis, 40, admits to molesting her one time when she was 17 and pleaded guilty to a charge of second-degree sexual misconduct based on that incident. "I was never even charged with those (other) crimes," said Davis of the other incidents the victim reported.

According to the victim's statement to police, the other incidents did not take place in Washington state.

"At the time she was 10 -- it didn't happen anyway -- I was not an elder," he said. "I took a polygraph to show that I did not do that.

"There's a big difference between an older girl and a teenager."

Davis refused to give any details as to what he did or did not do, saying he expects to be sued in civil court by the victim's family.

"I'm not going to talk about what happened and when," he said. "I can't comment on exactly when it happened or how many times."

In regard to the incident Davis admitted, court records say the victim told police that Davis groped her while she was driving a car and forced her to perform a sex act on him.

Davis on Monday was sentenced to 90 days in Geiger Work Release Center and two years' probation. He also will be required to register as a sex offender.

"I never denied that I did something wrong," he said. "I'm not going to blame anyone. The truth is, I should have known better."

Davis was "disfellowshipped," or excommunicated, from the Jehovah's Witness Opportunity Kingdom Hall for six months. He is now back in the congregation, but not as an elder. "I never could be (an elder) again," he said.

Davis also denies that he confessed to repeated sexual abuse of the victim in a telephone conversation with the victim's mother as court records indicated. "I never confessed to (the victim's mother)," he said. "All I did was apologize. I was embarrassed about what I did."

The victim's family did not return a phone call seeking comment Saturday.

• qua
    qua

Two things. What are the names of the 4 other in-the-area peds? It would be interesting to see if one or more of them indeed are elders there.

A second. Could someone have avishai (or he himself if he reads this) email me at [email protected].

Thanks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit