Edward N. Davis (Elder) Sentenced for Sexual Abuse

by Gerard 45 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Aparently Edward N. Davis is classified as either a "type 1" or "type 2" sex offender, because the Spokane Sheriff's Department does not list him (not yet) on the type 3 sex offender list. It also seems that the Spokane Sheriff limits the availablity of the information: it is freely (?) available at "COP Shops" throughout Spokane, but much more difficult to find via the internet. I did find out that there are four sex offenders with registered addresses within a half mile of the Kingdom Hall Brother Davis attends.

I wonder if they're all elders? Not yet, probably.

By the way, that Kingdom Hall is:

Jehovah's Witnesses - Opportunity Congregation

15704 East Sprague Avenue, Veradale, WA 99037

(509) 926-6817

according to the yellow pages.

• wasasister
    wasasister

Ed is married. Not sure what the status of his marriage is, or whether his wife can obtain a "scriptural" divorce.

I am told that the victim's parents went to the elders first, rather than the police when the abuse became known. The elders promised to DF Ed but stipulated the parents were to keep it quiet. When Ed was confronted, he freely admitted both the abuse and the later stalking of his victim.

It was only after the rapid reinstatement that the parents went to police. If the girl is who I believe she is, her parents and grandparents are also prominent in the area.

• Valis
    Valis

It sucks that the state of Washington doesn't have their own sex offender registry.. I also assumed that registered sex offenders couldn't be in places where there was access to children? Anyone know the rules?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Six months DF'd is a joke. It took me over two years of butt kissing to be reinstated. Seems like it is whom you know that gets forgiven by Jehovah!!! Also the 90 day sentence is a joke. How can some people end up spending 20 years in jail for sexual misconduct and others only have to serve 90 days makes no sense.

Will

• avishai
    avishai

If they ended up dead, we would'nt have these problems.

• blondie
    blondie

http://scso.spokanesheriff.org/home.htm

Your Search Back to Top

When you enter the search area, you are given the option of two different methods of searching. One will return a report based on the address that you enter. If you enter an address within the city limits of Spokane, only level 3 sex/kidnapping offenders will be displayed. In all other areas of Spokane County this report provides a list of Level 2 and 3 registered sex/kidnapping offenders that have a reportable address in Spokane County, within an approximate half-mile radius of the address information you entered. Also listed is the number of level 1 offenders living in that same area.

No additional information is being provided for level 1 offenders because they are least likely to re-offend and most have successfully participated in a treatment program. Information in these reports for level 2 and 3 offenders will contain the offender's name, age, race, classification level and crime of conviction and or the crime that originally required the subject to become a registered offender.

The second search function is related only to "Level Three" offenders, meaning those that pose the greatest potential harm to our communities. All level 3 offenders that registered an address within the Spokane County area are included. This search will provide an approximate address of the offender, a photograph of the offender, and a brief narrative section (when available) describing the past crimes and other information that led authorities to classify the offender as a "Level Three" sex offender.

Regardless of your search method, your report will only contain information about offenders who have properly registered with the Spokane Sheriff's Office and have a current address in the county.

--------------------------------------------------------------

There are over 9,900 registered sex offenders in Washington State, over 16,000 in Michigan, 17,000 in Texas, and 68,000 in California.

• avishai
    avishai

I suggest we all write the cong. or call them, & tell them what we think.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

It would be nice to know his release date. Maybe a few people could be waiting to 'celebrate' his release with him.

• shamus
    shamus

I suggest we tell the ppl in jail who will be his cell buddies about this, and see how his ass is at the end of his sentence.

What a prick.

I don't usually wish bad on people. Except for this guy. I hope he is raped 600 times in jail... it still won't be enough hurt that he caused his victim.

• Swan
    Swan

Am I the only one here to notice the irony here? It happened in the Opportunity Kingdom Hall. Yes, it is a pedophile's paradise (just as long as you don't piss off the girl's parents too much).

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit