Disfellowshipped in Absentia

by HereIgo 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• label licker
    label licker

My husband didn't do anything but knew that the elders in Elmira, On were corrupt. They reinstated a guy knowing that he had threatened his wife waving a loaded gun in her face threatening to blow her face off. He was drunk one night(night of the co visit) and bashed in his wife's lincoln. He also had a highschool student who was working for him forge his wife's signature on a legal document. The elders knew that we knew all this and came after us. They sat outside our property one Sat morning for about five hours waiting for us to come and unlock our gates. We did. Then they came at us with their bibles giving him a time and day of his judicial meeting. He didn't go. That was it for him. Me, I had taped my judicial and told them if they try to df me that I will go public. They never df'd me. They will whatever they want to protect their precious name my friend.

• kairos
    kairos

Happened to me.

• Chook
    Chook

The elders wanted to meet with me 4 weeks ago , I refused the invitation and said I have no respect for their kangaroo judicial proceedings. But I believe they are trying to establish where I live , but I don’t care one little bit if I’m disfellowshipped in absence.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@Chook Don't they already know where you live from some of the visits they've paid you this this year?

• Chook
    Chook

Wake me up , I moved house about 2 months ago but I’m still in their territory, they don’t know my new address but still have my ph number.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I was Disassociated(tm) in absentia.

I refused to go to the JC. I had strictly requested 'no contact'.

Those idiots still had to take it upon themselves to carry out the rules of the cult. I don't know whether to feel annoyed that I didn't hire a solicitor to enact a 'cease and desist' or be happy I don't have to talk to those zombies anymore. I bumped part of my story just now for newbies to relate to................

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Let's see, I wonder who else was in the habit of sentencing individuals "in absentia"...?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trial_in_absentia#Examples

Hmm.

In most cases, not the most reputable of regimes, IMO.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

In all the posts on this thread, I get the sense the religion is ANGRY at JWs who refuse to meet with them. I know I'd never meet with them and would laugh at them in between the FU's.

Disfellowshipping somebody in absentia just seems like "now, you take that"...Of course, if the person attended their kangaroo court, the result most probably would be disfellowshipping anyway. But, I guess they feel they really have to "stick" it to somebody.

In most cases, the "faded" disfellowshipped person is glad to be done with it. I wonder, though, is the religion stupid enough to imagine that doing this would make people want to go crawling back?

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I think if I got invited to JC. I don't think I could even be bothered to turn up. Well I cant even be bothered to talk to them, so I guess its a bit hard to progress to step two or three when you haven't even passed step one. My Father said to me the other day that I need to go and speak to the brothers so they can make an announcement. I just turned around and said "I aint saying nothing to them" and walked off.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I was DA'd I believe although I never officially received any notification, to this day I cant say I'm 100% sure

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit