Noah drama from a while ago

by betweenworlds 13 Replies latest jw friends

• wasasister
    wasasister

Sorry, Sweetie, I don't remember the character's name. I can give you another "insider" tidbit, though:

The drama scripts were sent out to the congregations in booklet form. Chosen cast members had to memorize the dialogue so they could lip-sinc, even though the actual audio was on tape. One booklet per character was sent, along with one for the director and his assistant. We were to keep the contents strictly confidential. In my home congregation, one brother was given three drama assignments in a row, thus labeling him, Cecil B. DaMille. He took the assignments very seriously.

The Society was specific as to who would portray each character. Noah was to be a commanding presence, Hamm would have dark hair and complexion, etc. The Jezebel-type woman was described in the casting notes as "short and stocky". How do you think the brother felt when we was forced to choose a sister for that role, knowing she would see this description? Stocky? Talk about a suicide mission!

I was, in fact, in three dramas. In the epic Paul saga, I played the mother of Timothy. I should have won an Oscar for that one!

• Mulan
    Mulan

Even so! I had forgotten that line. It made us laugh too. We were in two dramas over the years. My husband was Joshua in the drama about Rahab, and I was an Israelite woman, a body on the stage. No lines. Then we were in one in 1995, about helping the elderly in your congregations. My husband even got in the Watchtower for that one........January 1996 I think. It was great fun. The last one we kind of got roped into, and we were "on our way out" of the Borg, but our teenage son was asked to be in it, and wanted to very much, so we took him for the big drama meeting, and we were given parts too. It would have looked weird if we had turned them down. At least that drama was beneficial.

• robin33126
    robin33126

I heard that also in a meeting, and I was told in bible study. But I have never read it in the bible. Some people believe everything the Watch Tower saids. Sometimes I wonder if the story of Noah maybe was some kind of ilustration made at that time, not real. I wonder how many other things have been said and at one time we all believe it.

• Scarlet Pimpernel
    Scarlet Pimpernel

I Remember being in that drama. I was one of the animals.

Guess which one?

PS In our congregation we always had a drama.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit