Noah drama from a while ago

by betweenworlds 13 Replies latest jw friends

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Does anyone else out there remember a drama from quite a few years ago that portrayed Noah trying to preach to people about the flood, and he had a friend that wasn't doing all that he should in helping Noah, and at the end of the drama the friend gets locked out of the ark and drowned??? I remember at the time, sitting there and thinking...What in the holy hell is this crap? now they are making people up?? Just wondering if anyone else recalls this drama.

BW

• wasasister
    wasasister

I not only recall it...I was in it. I played Shem's wife. What would you like to know? I probably have the script in memory somewhere...tucked behind the CO's phone number.

Wasa/Ms. Shem

• hybridous
    hybridous

I remember the one you'te talking about. The not-so-subtle message being sent is that if you're not part of God's plan (WT Society) when the time of judgement comes, you're dead.

The WT likens itself to Noah's Ark on many occasions. I'm too lazy right now to find the documentation...maybe someone else isn't...

• Oldhippie
    Oldhippie

Yeah, I remember that drama as well! I had the same response you did, wondering where that character came from. Since we are in the remembering mode....and this goes way back!!...As a youngster...early teens...at an assembly...I remember a brother holding up one of the green bibles and saying.."If the Society tells me that this bible is black..I am going to say...You know, I thought this bible was green....but now that I look at it, in fact it IS black!" His point being that we should accept whatever we are told, even if it doesn't make sense. Even then I remember thinking, this is crazy!!

• Moxy
    Moxy

yeah, i know this drama. usually they throw in a cuple made-up characters to add colour to the OT dramas. i liked that actually, shows they're willing to speculate and imagine a little. interesting how the made-up characters often are negative examples meant to teach a lesson.

question: if noah had the ability to preach to the entire population, as he sure better have in order to give everyone a chance to get into the ark, then cant we assume that the entire population was confined to a small area. but if thats the case, why flood the entire earth?

mox

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I not only recall it...I was in it. I played Shem's wife. What would you like to know? I probably have the script in memory somewhere...

Well then, you are the perfect person to answer some questions that have been bothering me for at least thirty seconds of my entire life:

Was Shem really circumcized, or not?
    Did he have a big, hooked nose?
    Was he stooped over?
    Did he have a whiny Brooklyn accent?
    Was he a diamond broker by any chance?
    Did he wear a cheap suit and loan money at exhorbitant interest rates?
    Did he really take a "pound of flesh" when someone couldn't pay on time?
    Did you secretly lust after Ham?
    Did he ....

Oh, nevermind!

Farkel

• wasasister
    wasasister

Shylock...errrr, Shem, was my lovin' hubby ("I'm a prick, do I bleed?"). Father to all things thrifty. His brother, Hamm, on the other hand, was quite swarthy. In fact, the script explicity stated the brother who portrayed Hamm should wear dark makeup. There was also a screeching female character, a Jezebel type, who mocked the faithful family the entire time. There was a signature phrase from that drama which eventually reduced us to gales of laughter in rehearsal: "It is...Even so."

edited for typos by wuzzie

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

I remember this drama. Not only were there made-up characters but wasn't the daughter of Noah's friend dating one of the Nephilim? I wonder if he was giant in all places and that is why she liked him. Even better as a cross-breed the Nephilim guy was apparently sterile (I've heard this JW speculation) which makes dating giant guys like him even better.

Strange drama to do. Somehow the lack of a stage Ark, and the lack of a cast of a few thousand animals spoilt the effect a bit. The ark consisted of open platform in a soccer field with comfy chairs. Not very realistic. An audio only version would have been just as good (or bad).

Thirdson

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• Moxy
    Moxy

so what was the name of the guy in question? i remember his lines i think, a reeealy whiny voice: 'do you reeealy think that aaaaallll that water will come noah? i... dont knoooow.... i .... just.... dont... knooow....

bad skeptic, bad bad skeptic. die a slow, painful death.

mox

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

LOL! Wow glad I'm not the only one who thought that thing was a bit odd. That's so funny, wasa that you were actually in it! Do you remember the made up characters name? Farkel, I'm still chuckling....
    Thanks for making a stressed out mom get a few laughs in this evening.

BW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit