The Motive of the Governing Body

by jwfacts 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

To identify a motive by the WTS/JWS leaders (GB), it really was about creating set doctrines which could be utilized to not only attract people to the literature the organization published but to coerce and manipulate people to publicly distribute those pieces of literature themselves. This was strategically designed as preaching an accurate bible based gospel of Jesus and his new kingdom order.

Eventually overtime these doctrines ran their course and are easily pointed out as false unscriptural doctrines.

The Watchtower Corporation was tricky, deceitful, lying, corrupt, apostate and sinful in its endeavour of preaching a tainted and commercialized Gospel.

Talk about bad associations spoil useful habits

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    LongHairGal - "...the religion is using this crisis to ramp up their intrusiveness and corner everybody..."

Something vaguely familiar about that...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Half banana - "...all at HQ seem wedded to the concept of a divine rightness of The Organisation. In the minds of the GB and through their historical activity going back to Rutherford, it seems to me that they have sacralised the organisation (exactly as they do the Bible) to cultivate it as the product of God's hand..."

Indeed.

From Rutherford's time, a key aspect of the WTS's survival was perceiving itself that way - for two fundamental reasons...

a) ...that personal certainty enabled them to project it outward convincingly to disgruntled Christians looking for an alternative to the perceived "liberalization" of their churches, who then became the Org's newest and most active recruits, and...

b) ...to keep said recruits and justify the growth they engendered, the Org was compelled to further push the "God's Exclusive Earthly Organization" rhetoric, by effectively de-legitimizing the legitimacy of any other religion...

...but...

...running the risk of the same for the WTS if those members ever realized said rhetoric was untrue.

As a result (from their POV), they have to either...

a) ...remain Captive to the Concept, or...

b) ...admit the WTS is a "false religion" and exit, with all inherent loss involved, up to and including everything (depending on how much one has committed oneself to the Org).

As a result, the Watchtower heirarchy has evolved in a way that the higher up one goes, the more difficult that option becomes...

...to the point where at the top, any other perspective is - for all intents and purposes - impossible.

As a result, the Governing Body - whilst knowing it's wrong - still believes it's True...

...at the same time.

They have no choice.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Thanks for all the great comments. I have made changes as suggested, and fixed a few spelling mistakes.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

The only person who can know their real motives... is the person itself. And sometimes not even that. Plenty of time we lie to ourselves and repeat "mantras" to apace our conscience... We delude ourselves.

I think they are brainwashed... and used their beliefs to excuse their crap.

We judge their actions from our new point of view. And they judge our actions from their point of view. In both we cases we think each other actions are despicable.... and yet at some point I myself shunned an aunt who was disfellowshipped.. I remember feeling all self-righteous..for i was doing "God's Will"

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If one were to make a concise answer to what was the motive of the all the leaders of the WTS/JWS it would have to be placing the power of god in their own hands in an effort to lure and control others.

To accomplish this feat the leaders of the WTS had to spin up doctrines, lie and coerce people to themselves by the literature these men published.

Openly identifying themselves as god's chosen ones for being so honest, righteous and loyal to god's will and purpose was part of the scheme. (1919)

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

The comment was made earlier in this discussion that the WT / GB says that some people who claim to be of the anointed may be suffering from a mental illness.

This implies that a mental illness would exclude them from any part in the 144,000. But why? If the 144,000 are chosen so as to relate to the experiences of humans on the earth, surely they would have to have a genuine understanding of mental illness as well. And who better than people who had experienced it first hand!

I'd rather have a heavenly government that understands the complexity of what being human means, than a group of people who think that no one can be right with God if they have been ill.

(Not that it matters really because it is a fairy tale anyway.)

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The anointed self identification was a part of the self promotion and marketing scheme by the early executive editorial heads of the WTS. ( Russel, Rutherford ).

These men took whatever scripture they could find in the bible to help proliferate the literature they published, omitting the scriptures that would negate what they were doing, then claimed that they had an accurate and honest interpretation of the bible.

Using the preaching of the New Kingdom order from 1914 forward as means to spur on the circulation of their literature and other peripherals to the public.

They took this scriptural bible based message and turned it into a tainted commercialized vehicle to support whatever they produced.

This is a business profile in operation and all done so without regulation.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Thank you Paul for the great article. Reading the letter, I could hear Ray in my head (spoke with him a few times).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit