World Series picks

by heathen 11 Replies latest social entertainment

• heathen
    heathen

It's getting down to the nitty gritty in the world of baseball . So who's gonna win it all ???????? I say yankees .

• Soledad
    Soledad

yankees. absolutely

• Gopher
    Gopher

I say the Yankees and the Cubs will get to the Series.

Once there, I will pick the Cubs in an upset.

1) The better team doesn't always win, but the team with the momentum does. (Remember the Angels of 2002, or the Reds of 1990? The inferior team won both series.)

2) The Cubs have the power to score in bunches, unlike the Twins and Red Sox who could/can only score one run at a time against the Bronx Bombers. (One run on six hits after two innings -- c'mon, Red Sox!! That's ridiculous.)

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I'd love it if the Red Sox or the Cubs shook that curse myth and won the Series. Wow, Bean Town would be uncontrolable then!

However, I do think Yankees will take it again. Nothing new if they do, really.

• heathen
    heathen

Gopher--- I suppose if any team but the yankees win we can consider it an upset kinda like when the D'backs beatem in the series . I would like to see the cubs make it but expect the marlins will beat them out . I think everyone will admit that a cubs ,redsox series would be historical but unlikely . Go pinstripes woooooooooohooooooooooo .

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

For free... I'll take the Cubs.

For money...I'll take the Cubs and the points.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

CUBSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• oldcrowwoman
  • heathen
    heathen

I watched a good part of the game last night and was shocked to see the cubs pull out an 11th inning win . It looks like the cubs are trying their best to ward off the curse of the goat dude .lol

• teenyuck
    teenyuck
    It looks like the cubs are trying their best to ward off the curse of the goat dude

*Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger....NO Coke! Pepsi!!*

Kerry Wood is pure Stud....he gets a capital S....I'd let him in my bullpen...

We stayed up until 1 am watching the game, and then ESPN to listen to them talk about it. It was magic!!

I used to walk to Wrigley Field as a kid....That was great. Ron Santo was playing and we always sat in the bleachers. If you ever get the chance to go to Wrigley, do it. Nothing like it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit