Expectoration

by expatbrit 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Why do people spit? Very similarly to why people fart. An uncomfortable feeling wells up in your throat which needs to be addressed i.e. spat out. In preference to swallowing. Yuck.

Australian term: Hacking up a gooly and hooing it out.

Discretion needs to be exercised. Out on the street? Look for a shrub or bush. In a supermarket? Look for an item that is not very popular. Remove the first few items from the shelf and hack it up. Replace stock. By the time it is discovered, it would have evaporated. No harm done, and saves dirtying the floor.

cheeses - who would rather step in spit than dog shit. :-)

• Mulan
    Mulan

I can top all of these posts.

My elderly father (90) lives in our house. As long as I can remember, he has been clearing his throat, deeply, including his sinuses (at least it sounds like that) and spitting. In the past two years, he has taken a small waste basket, lined it with pieces of cardboard, then a plastic bag, and he spits in it all day. He has one beside his bed and beside his chair in the living room. Nothing we say can make him stop. You can only imagine how disgusting it is, if you happen to catch a glimpse of the "pool".

During the summer, he would sit outside and just spit anywhere. Mom alerted me to that so I would stop walking barefoot in the backyard.

I have an upset stomach now.

• Soledad
    Soledad

EWWWWWWWWWWW this topic is so gross!!!

• SanFranciscoJim
  • talesin
    talesin

spitting and snotting in public

DISS - GUSS - TING

I'm with you on this one, Rayzor, totally. ICK ICK ICK

Makes me gag (and literally maybe sometimes vomit)

tal

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

*innocently*

But Expat, how will we know when the cancer is ready to come out?

• Aztec
    Aztec

Sixy smartass, don't pick on my favorite curmudgeon!

~Aztec

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

There is a law in Minneapolis, Minnesota no spitting on the sidewalks. It's a quite old old law.

I noticed in the play off's Twins vs Yankee's ball players spitting on tv . I bet they have the whole field covered with goober's with their spitting. Must be a man thing?

Working in the ER at the entrances. There are goobers all over. It's just gross. No wonder dieases run rampart!!!

Old Crow

• Special K
    Special K

OHHH.. Why did I read all this before LUNCH...

Yuck.. yuck..yuck..yuck .. yuck..

Gross..

Special K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit