Expectoration

by expatbrit 28 Replies latest jw friends

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

spitting in public, in the ways I've seen it, especially so habitually, it drives ME INSANE!!!!

No old fashionedness Expatbrit, it has to be one of the most offensive behaviours practiced en masse. I am so with you on this one. I find it dispicable, unsanitary, and inappropriate.

Even if I have the urge to expectorate (cold, flu etc.) I use a tissue and dispose of it appropriately and sanitarily.

Here in Toronto: bus platforms, subway platforms, sidewalks, shopping plaza floors, the remains of expectorant slicked across wherever it lands, makes my blood boil.

I have spoken up on occasion.

I have thrown someone out of my bar for doing just that: spitting on the floor. He was on the end of my boot.

Some municipalities here in Canada, have laws in place regarding expectorating (spitting).

I'd like to see it enforced here.

If someone is convicted, I'd like for them to work with a pack of cranky spitting llamas.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Ahem, does this mean it's polite to swallow?

~Aztec

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

LOL Az... you are a bad girl! Extra aspartame for you!

BTW, I hate it when people spit. It's disgusting!

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Bush bashing even in this thread?

Can any guy here honestly say they have never spit? As disgusting as it is, people, mostly men, but even some women, do it.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I don't make it a habit to spit in public, but I will when no one is looking. I'm sure not going to swallow phlem. eww

Edited to ad: emesis(vomit) to me is much worse than spit. The sound, smell, look of it makes me want to vomit myself. Yuck.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I think it's preferable to swallow rather than spit.

Walter

• Princess
    Princess

I thought of this thread as I sat at a traffic signal today. The guy in front of me spat something nasty out of his window.

I admit, I spit while I'm running. Can't help it. However, I run on a dirt trail and I always make sure no one is nearby. It is so gross to have the person in front of you spit. It's much more disgusting to have a runner or biker do a farmer's blow in front of you. Talk about nasty.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    I think it's preferable to swallow rather than spit.

Wouldn't that depend on just what you have in your mouth? Would this also go for guys (and possibly some women) that step out of the shower to pee, when they are all alone?

• Agent Double- O- Soul
    Agent Double- O- Soul

Even if they do have to eject their green globules out of their mouths while they're on the pavement, you'd think they'd have heard of a thing called the gutter. But having to pass by or over it whilst walking along... ugh. Ugh accompanied by yuk. And even a mild sensation of puke!

A disgusted Soul.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

We have a large Finnish community here.

A lot of the old timers have the nose blow to the sidewalk perfected. Simply lead forward, use your forefonger to close tight one of the two nostrils, and "blow" a snot wad onto the sidewalk. Usually done twice, one for each nostril. Probably the same as the "farmers blow" Princess mentioned.

I had a fellow do this once, while I was sitting in a restaurant at a window seat, eating lunch. Last time I went there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit