Hi this is Erica just wanted to say....

by sunstarr 23 Replies latest jw friends

• sunstarr
    sunstarr

Hi... I haven't been in the internet in such a long time, I just wanted to say thank you sooo much for your support on the recent events on my lawsuit.

I wanted to tell those who are interested that it is being appealed and it will take about a year for it to go to the apellet court.

I must admit when I heard the news it was really disappointing, but it made me feel a little better knowing that it was over a statue of limitations and not because they tried to say it never happened.

I think you all might find this a little funny, a few months back my lawyers had a deposition with the Elders involved in the congregation and I was able to attend, one Elder kept on saying that he just followed Watchtower policy, he also admitted that the two eye witness policy is true, he said that he was no longer an Elder and said it was because he wanted to spend more time with his family but is still a JW (of course). When I walked in the room the Elder was so shocked he hid behind a post that was in the office and would look away everytime I would look his way. The other Elder is what made me laugh, he was so nice to me and asked me how I was doing with the biggest smile, I knew he was putting on a show so I just smiled and was PC, he kept trying to act as if he were my best friend, talked about the whether and so forth. The next day we (fiance, baby, and me) went the store and he and his wife saw me and walked a little faster, kept on looking back at us with this look of disgust, my fiance of course through the look right back. I just couldn't help but laugh right then and there because it was so different from how he was all nice and interested the day before. Such a two faced lying son of a ...... Sorry I just had to throw that in.

One more thing I saw a few post about how it would be nice to have Oprah do a show about JW child abuse cover-up... and I sent an e-mail today about my story and silentlambs web site, just a thought, but if a few us did that maybe it will get there attention and they will know that it is a huge problem within that religion.

Again thank you so much for your thoughts.

Lots of love,

Erica

• Perry
    Perry

Hang in there Erica. I thank you for all your courage. It is truly inspiring.

• blondie
    blondie

Hi, Erica. I hope the messages from here got through. As a fellow survivor, I have such admiration for the struggle you have gone through. It might have seemed easier for you to just "let it go." So many of us have benefited from your courageous example.

I never was a political person, still not much of one, but now I am inspired to change the laws where I live regarding clergy reporting abuse. In fact, if any of us live in a state where such a law is not on the books, and we want to be more political, check with your legislator to see what might already in the works and what groups might already exist and see how you can help.

While the WTS policies might stay the same, changing the secular laws in your area might be possible.

Hope things are going well with the family, Erica.

Blondie

• shera
    shera

(((((Erica)))))

• mouthy
    mouthy

(((((Erica))) I have a special love for your fiance!!!( a BIG hug for him) It took guts to do what you did,as to the "loving" elder!!!!It is not being done in a corner "All the world is a stage" & I believe God sees all. That "loving" elder must stand before a HIGHER power .( in other words --he will get his!!!!

Grace ( hear I will be meeting you soon!!!!!!Hope so

• rocketman
    rocketman

Yep, the elders just follow WTS policy, and that's when you get a guy like that who perhaps, in wanting to act like a human being instead of a corporate enforcer, ends up not wanting to do it any longer. He said he wanted to 'spend more time with his family'. Maybe so - we have no way of knowing. But, I wonder if he just got tired of things, such as the way they dealt with your situation.

• sens
    sens

((erica))

• shotgun
    shotgun

Hi (((((((((Erica)))))))...I feel like a mushroom today, everywhere I look people are discussing things I know nothing about. I'll check out your past posts.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Thinking of you Erica

Brummie

• Gopher
    Gopher

Erica,

I admire your persistence and determination to see this through! Best wishes on the appeal, and do drop in once in a while and let us know how you are doing.

That Oprah post was mine -- I sincerely think it could be a huge "score" if this issue were exposed on her program, and it seems to be the kind of topic she could run with all day long.

- Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit