Is attendance down in your location too?

by StarryNight9 90 Replies latest jw friends

• StarryNight9
    StarryNight9
    I was commenting on another thread about how local KH attendance is down. Memorial attendance was also way down and the Circuit Assembly had hundreds less people than what is typical. My JW family has even mentioned it. Is anyone else seeing this where they are?
  • Doubter
    Doubter

Any citation/proof or are we suppose to just take their word for it?

Rick Fearon had “Johnny” call in and claim only 5 million attended the memorial, I believe, the very next day...

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

My Aunt said her congregation is nearly empty and "just a bunch of older people." I've also seen that several congregations have been consolidated. About three years ago everyone got shuffled around - which makes it hard to tell just how much things have shrunk.

Here in California I do get the sense that things are on the decline - I used to see witness out knocking on doors all the time. Now I NEVER see them. I wonder if it's the same in other parts of the US too?

• StarryNight9
    StarryNight9

@Doubter

Relax. It's just a personal observation (and what my JW family has noticed/said). I'm curious what other people are seeing with their own eyes. If someone has hard numbers, I'd love to take a look.

@Coded Logic

US here too.

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

Kinda strange that someone frequents a message board that is meant for observation and experience and demands "proof" for any statement of said observation.

In answer to your OP, although there are carts in many places, in NYC I have not seen a group going door to door in many years. That's just my personal observation. If you want proof of residency, well too bad.

I haven't stepped inside a KH in ten years, so I can't comment on attendance. I do see quite a few cars in the parking lot on Sunday. Although the local hall has 3 congo's and many of the cars may be there all day.

I do think that it's fair to say that the wits are on the decline and have been for awhile.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Great topic to bring up StarryNight9. Thank you!!

We have been out for several years and are really hoping this cult takes a turn for the worse. It has really inflicted a ton of damage on our families over the years. I know there a so many more hoping the same thing!!!

• Doubter
    Doubter

Well, “personal observations” can be inherently biased when trying to determine a fact.

Really, my local cong average 155 weekly meeting attendance. There are literally no seats at my local Regional ever year.

Doesn’t mean jws are experiencing massive growth. It just means my area has good attendance.

Yours may be different. Who knows?

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

Doubter - Starynight,

What part of the country do you live in?

• StarryNight9
    StarryNight9

I've always been massively bored during meetings since I was a young child. Quietly counting everyone can be entertaining - especially if you try to be perfect and account for the bathroom, library, or anyone without a bottom in a seat (and no double-counting anyone!). It's doubly tricky to do it without anyone noticing (yeah.. I'm weird). It probably gives me a better idea of general attendance trends than most people. Lots of parking availability is also an indicator. We've gone from standing room only at Memorial, to plenty of empty seats this year. They always announce attendance numbers at Assemblies and my family has a habit of writing them down. It's all personal observation, but I feel confident in saying local attendance has decreased, although I don't have exact numbers.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Maybe people are starting to get the hint that the WTS is a lying corrupt and exploitative religious publishing house.

The connection with god Jehovah and this organization is starting to fade it appears.

.......about time

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit