A letter to the Parents

by SixofNine 42 Replies latest jw friends

• hemp lover
    hemp lover
    I don't mean this as an insult to the author of the letter as her intentions were good and from her heart, but some minds do reason differently.

Are you saying I'm special? Thanks, man.

Seriously though, I didn't write this to my parents in the letter, but those murderous thoughts didn't just go away because my friend yelled at me when we were kids. They didn't stop completely until I got out of the religion. I'm not a psycho. It just hurt so much to think about the people I loved dying forever.

• simplesally
    simplesally

That reasoning is why some of us can see why that woman in Texas killed her children. A religion taught her differently. I am sooooooo not saying I agree with her but I can see how a weak minded person becomes warped and twisted and just snaps.

• sweetsevda
    sweetsevda

wow she sure did tell how she was feeling

• willyloman
    willyloman
    wow she sure did tell how she was feeling

Yes, she did, sweetsevda. As many others have, right here on this board, and many more will in days ahead. Stick around... and welcome to the forum.

• Mr.D.Frost
    Mr.D.Frost

This was an incredible letter. Read it twice over. Nodding to everything you wrote. because I've either experienced/ or felt the same things. I am so thank-ful to have stumbled onto this site. I made the choice on my own, yet there are times I still feel guilt, tremendous guilt. If there is a god, then his purpose was for me to know the truth, and led me here. I feel like crying.

• jaredg
    jaredg

awesome letter!!! i'm going to send it to my dad and let him know that many felt this way as a child including myself.

• Lois
    Lois

Her letter is truely heart breaking and I hope her parents will find the truth, however they never will until they have the courage the break the bondage of what they have been taught through the organization. If they truely desire the truth then they will find the faith in Jehovah to seek information outside of Jehovah Witness beliefs. Only then will they be set free.

Religion has caused more diversity in families than one can count the stars in heaven. I can only imagine the tears our Lord has shed over issues of ones beliefs causing siblings, parents and friends to be seperated . All he asks is for us to love one another and to seek him with all your heart and soul. One can't seek him with all their heart and soul if they confine their studies to one belief system.

One of my sisters died in 1998 and was a Jehovah Witness. I believe she began seeing the truth just before she died because she wasn't involved with the J.W.'s nearly as much toward the end of her life. I could tell you a heartbreaking story about how she was treated by her congregation, but it would be futal because until the elders and/or higher ups in the organization realize how the fate of their beliefs have impacted the organization they will continue in darkness. Until the elders and members really open their eyes....then their hearts will be closed to the truth.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Thanks so much for your letter, it's brilliant! I related to so much of it. I might plagiarise parts of it one day for a similar letter to mine, if you don't mind.

• DigitalFokus
    DigitalFokus

Great Letter and thank you for sharing it. i started to read it and was hooked on it till it was done. you are a strong person. thank you and best of luck to you and yours. Jed

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Great letter.

Thanks for sharing this. I can relate to much of the same thought processes growing up - empathy for other people who I was sure would be killed by God, and fear of the demons.

Thankfully, after my awakening, I would happily sleep naked in the most haunted house in Europe with absolutely no fear of the demons. And just as thankfully, when I walk through a crowded mall I no longer view everyone I see as the walking dead, soon to be "destroyed", aka murdered, at Armageddon.

Thanks again for you sharing this letter. I wish I had time to read all the posts here, as many of them are very enlightening.

Good night everyone,

The Oracle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit