A letter to the Parents

by SixofNine 42 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

*looks up "macabre" * (she's never been artsy craftsy)

• simplesally
    simplesally

Macabre is way different than macrame.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

You've never seen what my ex can do with knitting needles.

btw, that brighter path thing was my idea

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

BEAUTIFULY WRITTEN. A PLEADING REQUEST FOR HER PARENTS TO ACCEPT HER AS SHE IS. AN INTELIGENT WOMAN WITH FEELINGS AND LOVE FOR HER PARENTS AND OTHERS AROUND HER.

A PLEA TO THE PARENTS TO LOVE HER AND SHOW IT .

KNOWING THE PROBABLE OUTCOME, IT BREAKS MY HEART.

OUTOFTHEORG

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

bttt for Sandy and anyone else who could use it.

• shotgun
    shotgun

Thanks Sixer

I liked this comment..it fits so well into the Beware of Strangers alerts which the WTBTS are broadcasting lately.

You also once asked me in the same letter as mentioned above, “Why are you believing all this information from strangers when you have the truth right in front of you?” That question really made me think and it wasn’t until I started writing this letter and quoting the WBTS literature that I realized you were right. Everything I believed for the first 31 years of my life came from the WBTS and the men who built the Jehovah’s Witness religion are definitely strangers to me.
  • jwbot
    jwbot

This is the only long post that I have read completely. That is a feat in and of itself.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

I saw this in the Best of... threads by Lady Lee and thought I would offer a quick update.

My relationship with my parents has come a long way in the past year - can't believe it's been a year since I wrote this. We now talk at least once a week. It's been three years since either of my brothers have spoken to me, but my mom has been very willing to pass along messages.

They've never directly acknowledged or responded to the letter, but I'm so glad I wrote it, because it set me free in a way. I don't feel like I have to hide who I really am anymore. If she says something I disagree with, I actually speak up.

I'm also trying to get her to start to think for herself. For example, in our most recent conversation, my mom was talking about how she was watching a great movie and dad came home and checked the TV Guide and told her it was rated R, so she changed the channel. I said, "Well, if there was nothing objectionable to YOU, then what difference does it make what the rating is?" She actually paused and thought for a moment - if you know my mom, that's quite a coup. She's a talker, not a listener/thinker.

Anyway, thanks to all on this board who helped me get to the point (whilst I lurked) where I could actually write the letter in the first place.

-L

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

L

Congrats on your emancipation. Sometimes the freedom comes from within through the declaration of our truth whether others agree or acknowlege it or not. Glad you found it and provided us with an update.

• gumby
    gumby
    Anyway, I came up with a plan. Since all these people I cared about didn?t want to be JW?s, the only way they would survive into the new system and get to live forever would be if they died before Armageddon. So I decided that I should kill them.

This should help ones appreciate what can go on in the mind of certain ones who reason differently, as regards to an Organisation of any type that teaches certain people are not gods people and deserve to die, or die and be saved later.

I don't mean this as an insult to the author of the letter as her intentions were good and from her heart, but some minds do reason differently.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit