What did you think about the Bible Tapes?

by Perry 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Perry
    Perry

When I was 19 I worked construction with my dad and he always played the bible tapes during the 45 min drive to and from work. I didn't think much about it until a few years ago I listened to tapes of the bible from a company called "Back to the Bible" Man, what a difference!

The WTBS tapes used an extremely authoratative voice.... with almost pissed off over tones. The "christendom" tapes used voices that were very compassionate. The difference on how the material affected me was like night and day.

Anyone else have an opinion on the bible tapes?

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Perry I'm trying to recall. Are you referring to the bible stories, or the reading from the scriptures?

• Perry
    Perry

I'm talking about when the WTBS recorded the entire bible on tape.

• Mulan
    Mulan

We loved them. My son Dan, especially, was militant about meeting preparation, and used the tapes to do the Bible reading, with an open Bible.

I used them in the car, mostly when I was a regular pioneer, and it was about the only time I actually did the Bible "reading".

• micheal
    micheal
    When I was 19 I worked construction with my dad and he always played the bible tapes during the 45 min drive to and from work.

This sounds like a carbon copy of what I went through. The last thing I needed at 6:00 in the morning was listening to some dull voice on cassette. In the morning you need music, not " And Zechariah went to the river to gather water, blah blah blah"

• SadElder
    SadElder

We have a close friend who used to work in the Bethel recording studios in the beginning of the Bible recording era. Said that they tried to talk the GB into doing some more dramatic reading and perhaps differant voices for the various characters, but the GB wouldn't hear of it.

• Happythoughts
    Happythoughts

I still do think about it... What is amazing to me is there is something about pretty much every situation I come upon..

• Gopher
    Gopher
    they tried to talk the GB into doing some more dramatic reading and perhaps differant voices for the various characters

... but the GB didn't want to wake up their members out of their trancelike state.

• Jimmer
    Jimmer

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...................................

• Simon
    Simon

Did anyone ever really buy and listen to Leviticus? (or whatever the one with all the lists of names in)

"And jehobadab begat hezakiadab
    And donner-kebab begat shish-kebab ..."

Mercy !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit