Why do they bury people that commit suicide?

by Blue 37 Replies latest jw friends

• petespal2002
    petespal2002

Dawn,

I was just saying that one would have to be an incredibly stupid, heartless person to choose cremation simply to avoid paying for a stone, as Blue insinuated all JW's do, and to indicate I am sure no one in their right mind would do this. The point of the statement was to prove how wrong I felt Blue was here. I understand some choose cremation as the cheapest option as a matter of simply being financially sound, and would wish this for myself. I would not wish to prove a financial burden upon my nearest and dearest in the unhappy event, with funeral costs spiralling upwards as they are. No disrespect was meant, and I hope you see that now.

• wednesday
    wednesday
    I was just saying that one would have to be an incredibly stupid, heartless person to choose cremation simply to avoid paying for a stone

i have known a number of jws that have done this. Blue may not be coming accross to wel, but some of what he is sayig is true.

i fear we have chased him off.

• Special K
    Special K

I have heard Jehovahs Witnesses being referred to as "those Jehovahs".. here in Nova Scotia..

They are called this by a good many persons who are not or have never been Jehovah's Witnesses.

They have also referred to them by a lot of other slang words that are not appropriate to say out loud.

sincerely

special k

• Prisca
    Prisca

Why is it so heartless to not want to waste money on burial plots, caskets and headstones when cremation is a much cheaper option?

Why waste money on the dead when that money is better spent on the living - eg your children's education, health insurance etc.

How often do any of you go to visit the graves of your parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts or great-grandparents? Every week, every month, every year?

To me, what is important is not the grave or headstone, but the loving memories my family have left behind. I don't go and visit graves or cremation niches to remember my loved ones by. I have many fond memories that pay tribute to the effect they had on my life. And I know that is what they would want to be remembered by. Not some fancy headstone on an expensive burial plot.

• Mac
    Mac

Dig a friggin' hole........drop me in and don't tell anyone....dance if ya like and a toast would be nice...... Please move on!!

• fairy
    fairy

here in australia i have previously been to witness funerals both funeral and cremation..........dont think it bothers anyone here....my mother had her funeral at the kingdom hall and then after the service the funeral car left and that was it...then it was around to my sisters place where we had a "wake" for her. there were a lot of witnesses there...and so there should have been anyway.

• fairy
    fairy

my mother died of cancer though and i have never ever seen a witness who committed suicide have any type of service at the kingdom hall.

• smack
    smack

read my post fairy

Steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit