Tiger Woods

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Wing , good post but what’s with the Asian stereotype? C’mon man as Joe Biden would say.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Minimus:

Ever been to Asia? I have. Their horrible driving actually isn't a "sterotype." They are horrible. Just like the hordes you see at a tourist trap with the best cameras. It's not racist or a stereotype if it's true. Trust me, it's TRUE.

• minimus
    minimus

Ok 👌

• Simon
    Simon

Glad he only hurt himself with his dangerous & aggressive driving, he could easily have killed some innocent person. He's a great golfer but seems to be very flawed as a character, certainly not any kind of role model.

BTW: I thought the problem with Asian drivers was not that they drive fast but that they are too slow and over-cautious? The people you nearly run into driving 30 in a 60 zone or 80 instead of 110 in Calgary are always Asian.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I don't particularly care for him. The big question I have is what is his professional opinion on the COVID plandemic, and how does he think people should handle it. After all so many other "wise" entertainers have weighed in on it. LOL

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Personally, I believe that he is neither a tiger nor wood.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Tiger Woods reportedly told cops after crash he didn’t remember driving.

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/03/04/tiger-woods-car-crash/

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I think I can appreciate Wood's alleged amnesia. I was in an accident at 16. The driver had had a few too many. We hit a stone wall head on. The car was totaled and I needed 18 stitches on my forehead after hitting the dash. I got out of the car; all kinds of people had gathered and were watching from a distance. I shouted at them to mind their own business. Then I don't remember a thing after that. I did not pass out...but I was totally unaware of what happened between the accident and my being in a wheelchair at the hospital. My buddy told me the police drove us and that I was talking to him in the back seat of the cop car. I have no recollection of that missing time to this day...a total blank.

I hope and pray Tiger Woods makes a full recovery.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

His injuries sounded serious to me, and I would be surprised if he can regain enough to return to top competition.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

Tiger Woods is the reason why there's a set of golf clubs in every other garage. When he emerged in the late 90's, golf was an "old, white, rich and privileged" game. He changed that for the better. He opened the great game of golf to a much wider and inclusive audience.

Did he made mistakes? Yep. Is he a great guy, a role model? Maybe not. But golf would not be golf today without Tiger.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit